I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Site supporters
Posted by: Michael Searl (---.a)
Date: July 27, 2005 10:12AM

Since my computer does not show the vendors on the left of the screen, would it be possible to do a click on directing us to supporting vendors. I'll be building my first rod this winter. I like this site so well, I wish to do business with supporting vendors only. Also, is there a neat show in the midwest??? Charolet (sp) is not within reach for me. Thanks for all the posting of valuble info. Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Site supporters
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2005 10:40AM

Charlotte is the only truly large scale rod building show done anywhere in the world. It's worth the trip. Read what many of this board's users had to say about it - [home.earthlink.net]

If you'll turn off whatever pop-up blocker you're running, most likely the sponsor list will show up for you. Give it a try.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: July 27, 2005 12:00PM

Consider getting hard copies of these vendor's Catalogs, if available. Having a hard copy in-hand, that does not require sitting & thinking in front of the computer, can be a lot more convenient sometimes than having to flit around on the internet, from one website to the other, or between pages to compare selections among items. And hard-copy Catalogs never crash or glitch out. IMO, -Cliff Hall, Gainesville, FL +++

Date: July 27, 2005 12:19PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Cliff, I have a copy of American Tackle ordered. Guess I'll have to find the others in old posts. Thanks all. Mike

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 27, 2005 12:41PM

Mike,

Try to get hold of some Vendor catalogs. The downside of that is many do not offer a catalog. Get Mudhole's catalog. It is the biggest, best retail catalog available and is also full of information.

There is nothing in the country (world) like the Charlotte show! I start putting money away the day after the show for the next one. If you ever have the chance, GO!!
\You're at the best place right now for help with your new hobby (addiction). Where are you located? Chances are, ther are builders in your area. I'm in southeastern Michigan.

Mike

Date: July 27, 2005 12:51PM

Thanks, I'll google up the mudhole site. I am located at the junction of two popular trails. Interstate #80 and the Mississippi River on the IL side. We are known as the Quad Cities. Davenport, IA, Moline IL &ect. Guess I need to start the travel hints towards the wife and see how it works out. lol

Date: July 27, 2005 01:06PM

SPONSORS LIST at RODBUILDING.ORG . (Use GOOGLE to find the www.***.com LINKS for your Sponsor of interest. LOL, -Cliff Hall +++)

Aftco Mfg.
All American Guides
All Star
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc/Fuji
Angler's Workshop
Bellinger
Bingham Enterprises
Black Dog Tackle
Cardservice Int.
Classic Custom Wood
CTS Rod Blanks
Custom Tackle Supply
CUI Products
Dan Craft Ent.
Decal Connection
Donjer Products
DONART
Flex Coat Co.
FishinFin-Addict
FishSticks4U
Golden Witch
Hook & Hackle
Inserts by Les
Jann's NetCraft
Lamar Reel Seats
Lamiglas
Merrick Tackle
Mud Hole Tackle
Neal's Fishing Products
Pacific Bay
Petrochemical
RainShadow/Forecast
R.B.Meiser Rods
REC Components
Renzetti Inc.
Richard's Rod & Reel
Rocky Mountain
Rod-Blanks.com
Rodcrafting Forum
Rodbuilder Supplies
RodMaker Magazine
Richard's Rod & Reel
Schneider's Rod Shop
Sevier Mfg.
Shikari Blanks
Siskiyou Aviary
St Croix
Summer Moon
TackleWorks
The RodWorks
Trondak U-40
Utmost Enterprises
Versitex
VisualWRAP
ZipCast

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: July 27, 2005 03:42PM

Michael,
consider the small cost of attending Charlotte, you won't regret it.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: July 27, 2005 06:34PM

WOW, That is some list of vendors!!! I've got it printed now . I'll await the two catalogs and see if I need more yet.
It turns out as I had expected, my wife has absolutely no common sense. She thinks a trip anywhere is a good idea. We are considering the trip to Charlotte. Still only considering, but will probably end up there. I looked it up on the web and the only reference was for the 2005 dates. What are the 2006 dates??? Thanks, Mike

Date: July 27, 2005 07:24PM

Hiya, Mike - If you remember to learn to use the RBO SEARCH engine, you'll find it a most excellent resource and a relentless hunter, if you pick the most appropriate Key Words. Since I needed to check this out as well, here we go:
for SEARCH = "CHARLOTTE 2006"

Go to [home.earthlink.net] for lots more information
THE 2006 NATIONAL ROD BUILDERS SHOW
The World's Premier Event For Custom Rod Builders
February 25 & 26, 2006. 9AM to 6PM, Saturday & Sunday
Charlotte Convention Center, Charlotte, NC

Admission Price: $12 one day or $20 both days. Tickets are available at the door. Reservations are not required. Ticket price includes access to vendor displays and exhibits as well as all scheduled seminars and demonstrations.
Local Hotels: (walking distance of the Convention Center)
The Westin - (host hotel) 866-837-4148
Ask for special room rates for the show!
Downtown Holiday Inn 704-335-5400
More Local Hotels and Air Fares (linked at website)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2005 07:59PM

home.earthlink.net/~nationalrodshow/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster