I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ergodynamik cork handel
Posted by: Brian Nielsen (---.ferrosan.dk)
Date: July 27, 2005 07:43AM

Hallo to you all

Can some one help me .???

I am lokking for a suplyer ,of ergodynamik cork handels for my fly rods.

Besr regards

Brian From Denmark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ergodynamik cork handel
Posted by: mike oliver (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 27, 2005 07:49AM

Brian,

Anglers Workshop has them. Details in the sponsors list on the left. I can't see them as my darned anti virus softeware will not allow it what ever I do with the keys on my keyboard
Regards

Mike Oliver

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: July 27, 2005 09:19AM

Over here (USA) they are called Maniform grips.

Posted by: Mike Oliver (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 27, 2005 09:53AM

Brian and Spencer,

I have seen these handles in mags but never used one on a rod. How do you find they compare with std fly rod handle design?

Regards

Mike O.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2005 10:44AM

Many people love them. Others say that as the day wears on and they want to change the position of their hand, they can't do it and thus the handle becomes uncomfortable. It would seem to be a matter of personal preference.

According to some ergonomics people I've talked to lately (we're researching some of this for a future article in RodMaker) the standard Ritz grip is considered the best from an ergonomics standpoint. It allows you to shift your hand slightly as you feel the need, to rest some muscles and employ others.

Never forget that just as important as the shape, is the size of the grip.

Posted by: Tom Church (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 03:31PM

Brian, Maniform grips are manufactured in England. You might want to try there as well as the States.

Tom

Posted by: Tom Church (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 03:35PM

Mike, I used a maniform grip on the first rod that I ever built, an 8 wt. I really like it, but some really don't like it when they try it and others want to know how to get one.
Different strokes...

Tom

Posted by: David Olley (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 27, 2005 06:41PM

Hi,
You can get Maniform handles from David Norwich rods here in Scotland. I don't have an address but I'm sure that a Google search for david norwich will get you in and then just look under rod building components
Dave Olley
Scotland

Posted by: David Olley (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 27, 2005 06:46PM

The address is

www.davidnorwich.com

Dave

Posted by: Brian Nielsen (---.ferrosan.dk)
Date: July 28, 2005 06:22AM

Thanks to you all.

By the way, grate forum::

Regards Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster