I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Crystal coast
Posted by: Kenneth Prager (65.151.164.---)
Date: July 26, 2005 06:29PM

Hi builders on the crystal coast, NC. I plan to be down vacationing in your area for a few weeks and would like to be in contact with you to fish or trade building secrets. Looking forward to hearing from any of you.
Regards,
Kenneth Prager
khprager@msn.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crystal coast
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2005 06:54PM

For those that don't know, the "Crystal Coast" is that area south of the actual Outer Banks. Atlantic, Long, Holden Beaches, etc.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 26, 2005 08:08PM

Oh, I thought he stumbled on teh motherload of epoxy, then spelled it wrong

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: July 26, 2005 08:10PM

Dat's da first ting dat crossed me mind, too, Billy.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: July 26, 2005 08:35PM

We call it South Outer Banks (SOBX), as it's the southern end of the barrier islands in the upper half of the state's coastal area, mostly from Cape Lookout down to Bear Island.

David Spense (Beaufort, NC) has been at this longer that I, and might be the best builder in this area to get in touch with for what you've indicated, especially the fishing aspects. Feel free to contact me if you like, but be forewarned I'm not fishing much these days due to some back problems.

Stan

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: July 26, 2005 09:15PM

Whoops!

I just re-read Tom's post and didn't realize "Crystal Coast" went as far south as Holden Beach, NC.

Assuming that definition of Crystal Coast, you might want to contact Rick Bennet in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. He has a charter service and builds rods.

Stan

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2005 11:04PM

Kenneth-The Crystal Coast goes from Cape Lookout to Emerald Isle. It includes the towns of Beaufort, Morehead City, the towns of Bogue Banks (the southernmost of the outer banks) like Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach , Salter Path and Emerald Isle. I'm in Beaufort so if you're in the area give me a call-252-728-4796 or e-mail me.

Posted by: Kenneth Prager (---.nas21.washington1.dc.us.da.qwest.ne)
Date: July 27, 2005 10:54AM

Putter - marble on, You live so far from the "beach", it's no wonder that you have become an expert in wondering and waving pigment. A good breath of salt air would do you some good !

Billy V - it continues to be obvious that you have been sniffing that Crystal Coat way too long. and this has caused you "yanks" to believe that universe revolves around NYC,......you're missing out on a world of "better" fishing.

Dave, I'll drop you a line so we can get together and fish a day or two - we'll send the pix to Billy V and let him try to identify the fish - No Billy they're not blue fish!

Bill G - I'll be at 22nd st in EI and will look you up on the weekend.

Regards to all,
Kenneth Prager

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: July 27, 2005 11:00AM

Ken - look at teh Photo Board, there's a couple of pics with me holding a small 12# Mutton, and small 20# Black Grouper. NY fishing is awful compared to Florida Bottomfishing. I went 4 times up here, and am done until I go Offshore Tuna fishing in late September. so I agree with you on that. But everythign else revolves around NYC, lol.

Posted by: Kenneth Prager (---.nas21.washington1.dc.us.da.qwest.ne)
Date: July 27, 2005 11:17AM

How come I knew you couldn't resist "biting" on that big 4/0 NYC baited hook. You are right about "everything else" though LOL.

Ken

might turn into 'mud coast'
Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.spr.choiceone.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 12:02PM

The next Storm to be born wil be "Harvey".... I hope nobody gets hurt,but I hope he's 'memorable"....

Re: might turn into 'mud coast'
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.171.183.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 27, 2005 05:35PM

You mean to tell me that NYC is not the center of the Universe ???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster