I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Tom K. need your help for leaving photo ratings and comments.
Posted by: Nacho Garibay (---.252.204.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 15, 2005 08:09PM

Hi Tom,

I already registered once, then had to re-register because I changed my my email addressed ( this could be my problem). I used a new user name and a new password, received my email from Rodbuilders.com
with the www.rodbuilders confirmation web page. The message was you are a register user, would you like to go the home page, which I did. I then went to Doc Ski's new Wahoo picture to leave my rating and place a positive comment on the picture, but when I did, the message came back with your are not authorize to leave a photo post. I am not sure it was exactly like I said above, but pretty close.

Can you help me understand what I did wrong. Your site is awesome as my grand-children would say.
Thanks for any help you may provide me with.

This is the confirmation email I recieved form Rodbuilders.org with to my new email address:

From rodmaker@earthlink.net
Sent Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:53 pm
To igaribay@cfl.rr.com
Cc
Bcc
Subject Confirm Rod Building Registration (action needed)
Thanks for registering at Rod Building.

In order to activate your account, which will enable you to upload photos and post comments (if
the site allows comments), you must click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser:

[www.rodbuilding.org]
I blocked out these numbers with XXXs

Thanks!

The Rod Building Team
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Thanks Tom for all of your help for allowing me to photo post

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tom K. need your help for leaving photo ratings and comments.
Posted by: Tom Erickson (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 15, 2005 09:11PM

Nacho, I had the same problem. I wanted to post on Doc`s weave, got the same message. Tom

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 15, 2005 10:18PM

You can only have one user name - your first and last name. When you receive the confirmation, you must respond to it or your registration will not activate. Afterwards, you probably should clear your browser cache or what you're working with is a page that was cached before you registered. Thus, the system isn't recognizing you. The reason it won't allow you to enter a comment is that it's not seeing you as a registered user.

Assuming you did respond to the confirmation email, go back in, clear your brower cache, log in and try it again. If this doesn't work for you, send me a private email tomorrow and we'll work on it then. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 10:25PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Nacho garibay (---.252.204.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2005 12:19PM

Tom,

Wow, you hit the nail on the head. I got the photo post to work by following your precise instructions. It was simple to do. You must be an long time experienced Wed expert inaddtion to your expertise in Rodbuilding. By the way, I think your rodbuilding book is by far the best instruction book on rod building. In addition, you should know that I always recommend your Rodbuilding magzine as a must for all rodbuilders.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO, the book, the mag, the DVD, this forum, and the Chartte show. No Joke, this is a lot of serious work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster