I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lettering
Posted by: Travis Bryan (---.dhcp.dntn.tx.charter.com)
Date: July 12, 2005 12:36AM

What is the best way to sign and letter rods?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lettering
Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.243.215.7.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 01:58AM

I am thinking about getting a Brother P-Touch. I can print in a variety of colors and fonts and you can get clear ribbon for it. i have been told that when applied and epoxied, you can hardly tell its a deeecal. If yo want to get real fancy I have just two words for you....Decal Connection....I cannot believe the things that they can do.

That is the way I would go because my handwriting @#$%& and I drink way too much caffiene. If you don't suffer from these aflictions there are a variety of option out there that are covered very thoroughly in the archives here. I have a friend thatt does it by hand with metallic gold ink and a calligraphy pen. His stuff is beautiful.

Derek

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 01:59AM

Decal Connection does top-notch work at reasonable prices. I'm very impressed as I ordered a sheet of decals on Thursday and it was in my mailbox on Saturday. Doesn't get much quicker than that!

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 06:35AM

Decal Connection is the way to go.I e-mailed my order at 6:30am,got a phone call by 10:00am to discuss the order(this was on a Friday) and had the perfect set of decals on Monday.Jimi offers a rush order option for $10.00 but for the life of me I don`t see how it could be much faster.Maybe he faxes the decals???

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.exis.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 10:35AM

About 5-6 years ago I spent 250.00 for the Brothers P-TOUCH model PT-12/15 soley because the cheaper models did not have CLEAR TAPE WITH GOLD LETTERING available. It does many different fonts but they all are very visible as a piece of tape. Jesse

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 12, 2005 10:46AM

Decal Connection!!!! You can have as few as one decal in a couple days. Great work!!

Mike

Posted by: Drew Kasel (---.binc.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 10:53AM

Fred Yarmolowicz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Maybe he faxes the decals???
>
> Freddwhy(Rapt-Ryte)

LOL. That's hillarious.

I haven't done decals, but everything you all say about the Decal Connection sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to go that route when the time comes.

Posted by: Michael Sledden (208.21.98.---)
Date: July 12, 2005 03:47PM

Also with Decal Connection, you can send him your logo if you have one and have that be part of the decal as well. They just need a file for the logo so they can do what they need with it to make it work on the decal.

Posted by: John Dow (---.236.252.64.snet.net)
Date: July 12, 2005 10:03PM

Without a doubt , give Jimi a call for your decals . You can pick out ant font you want and put any message or signature on a rod you can immagine for a few bucks ........ no brainer enless you build a lot of rods .
Just my 2 cents .........
John

Got Fish ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster