I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ya gotta see this
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.36.89.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 09, 2005 08:59AM

I may be old fashioned but please ??? [www.emmrod.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ya gotta see this
Posted by: Scott VanGuilder (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: July 09, 2005 09:34AM

Might be kinda cool for ice fishing. Other than that I can't see much use for it.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 09, 2005 09:43AM

Without trying it, who knows? They certainly aren't expensive, at all, why not buy one and try it for yourself?

Date: July 09, 2005 09:44AM

I like the " outcasts a 6' rod " ??

Date: July 09, 2005 09:47AM

If you like it so much, go ahead an buy it. $70 and it's all yours

Date: July 09, 2005 09:57AM

Billy
Your the one with the big bucks -- buy it try it out and let me know how it works ?? LOL

Date: July 09, 2005 10:06AM

I'm not the one interested in it, linking it for everyone to see.

Explain big bucks.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: July 09, 2005 10:10AM

Wow, that style of mini-rod reminds me of the "Pocket Fisherman" that sold 100,000's of outfits on TV and later in stores ~ 25 years ago. This is clearly proof that there are lots of ways to cast a lure or line besides the traditional ~6 foot rod. Like the old canepole, which is just a pendulum boom for swinging fish. Canepoles are still very popular here in Florida, and effective, for lily pad fishing for bream, and dock or seawall fishing for mullet. And as "spider-rigs" when trolling or drifting for crappie in open water.

To me, Mini-rods feel like little more than a handle for holding the reel while you are cranking in the line. And the old hand-lines, like the classic glass Coca-Cola bottle and the Cuban yo-yo, remind us that even the rod itself, and the traditional types of reels, are optional. If you don't mind going all the ways back to the basics. Meantime, ... different strokes for different folks.

Fishing and rod-building can be as simple - or get as complicated - as you want it (or don't want it) to be. -Cliff Hall, Gainesville, FL-

Date: July 09, 2005 10:23AM

Billy -- a joke, some thing funny

Cliff I remember those

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2005 11:00AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 09, 2005 11:21AM

Go fishing with a local guide in Lake Guerro in Mexico. You may not can figure out what the coffee can is used for until you see him using it as the reel for hand casting crank baits! I saw the infomercial last week on that gizmo - bet they sold thousands! My money will be spent on gumbo!

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 09, 2005 01:19PM

How many of you guys are familiar with river Handlinig or "pulling wire"? Considered the most effective method of river walleye fishing that is so effective that the PWT (Professional Walleye Tour) even banned it for a few year until the pro's overwhelmingly demanded it! NO rod is even used. Try be a custom rodbuilder in an area ( Detroit River, St Clair River)where the method was invented about a hundred years ago and is rapidly spreading across the country
[www.questoutdoors.net]

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2005 01:20PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Matthew Woods (---.nas30.houston4.tx.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: July 09, 2005 10:56PM

Bill I went to the web site and really got a kick out of this. I am a gaget freak and I am giving serious thought to ordering a couple of the light spin rods (without handles) and making some rods for my two grandsons for christmas presents. They are 4 and 6 and just getting interested in fishing. I probably get my gaget buying from my Dad. He always was one of the first to buy a new gaget. He had one of the rods that had the reel built in the handle. He was also one of the first to own the Pocket Pal from Ronco. He always told me to remember, One's man junk is another man's treasure. Matt

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 01:27AM

Whoa, I'm a sucker for new technology although I don't often put down $$ due to fiscal limitations. Saw their video ads and it looks most interesting. I seriously doubt the 'outcasting' a 6' rod but it does look very interesting. Being solid steel, I figure this will take some serious abuse! Anyways, thanks for the link - looking forward to some independing user reviews here....:)

Mo

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.100.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 10:27AM

Like one of the posts has said, even if 100,000 people buy one just to see if it does work for one moment they can make a buck, then sales will probable fall off as they go into the garbage

Date: July 10, 2005 10:43AM

Or it works better than we think, and they catch on and millions of people buy them and put Loomis out of business.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.100.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 10:48AM

And then we have to build them ???? Naaaaaa

Posted by: Bil Gburek (---.arsup.psu.edu)
Date: July 11, 2005 11:56AM

And when you buy one, you get a set of Ginzu knives and a free bottle of Orange Blast cleaner!

Bilgee

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.21.41.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 11, 2005 12:00PM

But you gotta call now, in the next 5 minutes

Posted by: Steve Kolb (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 11, 2005 02:01PM

This is not a new idea. There was a product called the stubcaster in 1948 with the same general appearance, a handle with a short spring arm. It didn't catch on then, and it won't catch on now. Just another gimmick to snare some unsuspecting people with money to burn. No worries.Bt the way, for anyone interested, the company name was waltco. They were out of Chicago. There may have been others as well, I don't know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster