I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole special surf rods
Posted by: Paul Williams (63.166.216.---)
Date: July 08, 2005 08:57AM

Mudhole has surf rods in there specials lists. Does anyone know any thing about them? Who made the blanks? If nobody knows, are they good blanks as far as comparability to other "name brand" blanks. I'm looking at the LSB1502MH blank to be more direct. Also, If anyone knows, will this blank through 6+ oz. of weight, it says it is rated for it. I hope the questions I have asked does not offend anyone. My intent is not to be one of doubt, but one of reassurance. I just want to make sure this blank will fit the bill for the need.

Thanks to all who have helped me in the past.
Tight lines and clean living.
PW Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole special surf rods
Posted by: Bruce Wetzel (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 08, 2005 09:49AM

Paul, I purchased and built two 1502 blanks from Mud Hole. I loved them so much I ordered a third......but it wasn't the same blank. The butt section was so short I couldn't use it for a surf rod. I called the folks down there and returned the blank in exchange for a Lamiglas 12 footer. The first two blanks were from Cascade Composites (closeout) and they have since sold out of these blanks. Before I order one of their OEM blanks I'd call and have them give you some description of the blank itself. The Cascade blanks were split at about 5 ft. (butt)and 7 ft.(top) and were really nice blanks. If these are close to that you should be O.K. If you don't like the shorter butt dimension that I suspect these may have, Fishsticks 4 U has 1502 blanks on special (Rainshadow) for $114 and they say that they are the same blank as the Cascade's were. Hope this helps some and Good luck!

Posted by: William Harvey (---.nantahalabank.com)
Date: July 08, 2005 09:52AM

Paul

I have purchased a LOT of the LSB1322Ms from Mudhole and they work great. I've built spinning rods and conventionals off that blank that have been used in every month of the year on the Outer Banks. This 1322M blank is extremely versatile and throws 6 oz. plus bait well. My friends love them because of the price and the overall functionality. Based on the performance of this blank I'd think the one you reference would have no problem with the 6 ouncers.

Posted by: Bruce Wetzel (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 08, 2005 10:03AM

Paul, I forgot to mention that the 1502 will throw 6 oz's with your tackle box attached. I've test thrown 12 oz's and it seems like it could throw alot more.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.226.165.24.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 08, 2005 05:37PM

Hi Paul,

Our intent with the Mud Hole Surf Rocket blanks was to offer a line of surf rods that would throw 6+ oz without breaking the bank (less than $100 and affordable to ship, <10 ft). As you can see from the comments, the price is so good it makes you a little skeptical, but once you get one you'll be back for more. The Surf Rocket line of blanks have been a local Florida customer secret for a few years, we recently put them on the web site an in the catalog an others have started to pick up on their excellent value.

Read more about these blanks at:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster