I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fiberglass Rod Spines???
Posted by: Joe Rivera (12.149.140.---)
Date: April 12, 2002 06:20PM

Can't seem to locate the Spine with the Apply pressure while
holding blank at a 45 degree angle Method. The Blank is
a Seeker Classic 665. Can you locate the spine by looking
at the butt of the blank and seeing where the Fiberglass is
built up the most?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fiberglass Rod Spines???
Posted by: Ricky Wilson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 12, 2002 07:39PM

No. The spine from what I read is not a thing it is an effect caused by several things that happen when a blank is made. I found that on a difficult blank if you will stand it on end and push the tip down onto the floor and let it turn or spin as it bends it will always bend to the spine. That is the spine will be the outside of the curve formed when you press the tip into the floor. Give it a try.

Posted by: Tom Smith (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 12, 2002 09:28PM

I build spine finders w/ p.v.c. and shaft bearings. I was surprised when I tested blanks that seemed to be "spineless". The spinefinder worked on every one. Worth the time or money if you make more than the occasional rod.

Posted by: Michael T Williams (---.tnt1.eugene.or.da.uu.net)
Date: April 14, 2002 11:52AM

Tom, How is a spine finder constructed, please? Sounds like a darn good tool.
Michael

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster