I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Stripper guide problem.
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2005 01:06AM

I need some advice/help. I can't figure out why. My guide is centered on my gold (BTW, this is the silver guide w/ gold rollers recommended on this board by Jesse Buky.) underwrap. The red overwraps with silver Prizm trim band to bring the wrap together with the guides seem to be about the same length. My trim band seems centered in the space of the guide, but I have like half a centimeter more underwrap on the left of the trim band than on the right of the trim band. Guess my trim band is off-center somehow.

Underwrap has already been Permaglossed, rod is for a friend. Is this a problem? Wondering if I should cut everything off and re-wrap the darned thing. Don't really want to, but don't want to give it to him screwed up either.

What would you do? Think it'll be noticable when the rods said and complete? Still not sure how I messed up the spacing, I did and re-did it several times to be sure. Did I not wrap up the left foot far enough?

Advice appreciated.
Phil

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 01:42AM by Phil Richmond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stripper guide problem.
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 30, 2005 01:57AM

Hi Phil,
It appears that the center of the space between the guide feet is a point below the
lower screw not the area between the screws of the rollers. All you need to do is
push the guide toward tip just a tad to center it up. However, you are probobly going
to have to re-wrap the over wrap at least on the butt side. Not a bad fix ! Quick and
easy.
If you leave the guide as is and do the rest to match, your friend most likely will not
even notice. But you would, and regrett it I'm sure.

The pattern looks great!! I like it!

P.S. How did you insert the photo into the post? I didn't know you could do that! Cool!!

Email me at RCAdams1957@msn.com if you like

Raymond

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2005 02:05AM

Raymond,

Thanks for the post. You may be right, I'll have to re-measure it. The rest of the guides are coming out pretty nice, but I'm almost out of D thread, so probably be delayed in finishing it as no one close to me has it that I know of. The red is Candy Apple, I'm going to leave it without CP so the gold kinda shines through.

I tried to put my picture on the picture page, but had a problem, so I used my photobucket account and linked to it. I think you can link anywhere on the net, you just put [ IMG ] before the link and [ /IMG ] after the link, with no spaces.

I'm not sure if it's kosher with Tom though, he may prefer pictures to actually be posted in the Pictures Page.

Phil

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 30, 2005 02:22AM

Phil,
Thanks for the photo info and good luck with the rod. I have candy red in "A" only
otherwise I would be happy to rush some to you as this is an addiction I love to
FEED!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster