I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dan craft spin
Posted by: Courtney nicholson (---.atl.fdn.com)
Date: June 23, 2005 12:26PM

I just got my dan craft ft blank. The blank has a logo on it and i was not sure where the logo is lined up with the spine so the logo is on the right side? Does that make any since? Also any suggestions on guide placement. Spine or oppisite of spin? It is a 5wt 4pc. Thanks courtney

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan craft spin
Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: June 23, 2005 01:32PM

I think you will find white lines marked near the end of the sections indicating the spine if it is like most of the blanks I have received from Dan.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: June 23, 2005 01:45PM

Hi Courtney--Dan spines the blanks and has the logo/inscription screened on to line up on the right side of the blank, so that it reads normally when built (i.e. not upside down!). :) Stan's advice to look for white grease pencil alignment marks on the male/female ferrules is good as Dan normally marks these for his suggested alignment. You can certainly switch the spine location on the top three sections to whatever your preference is. Honestly, these FT's have so much jam in the lower 3/4 I'm not sure it makes as much difference as it does in some other blanks.

All the best,

Posted by: Mike Anderson (---.nissan-usa.com)
Date: June 23, 2005 01:52PM

Yep, according to the alignment of the decal on my FT 10wt I would say Dan prefers the spine down. You may have to remove the decal to put the spine on top??? I prefer the spine on top on my rods but everybody has a different opinion and everybody’s way of doing it is the right way,,, according to them. I will let them chime in on spine placement since I am still a rookie myself. The FT I built is a phenomenal feeling rod but I haven’t gotten to use it on the water yet. I think it is destined to become my favorite big fish rod.

Posted by: courtney nicholson (---.atl.fdn.com)
Date: June 23, 2005 02:31PM

Thanks for the help guys.
I got the blank from rocky mnt. but it does not have any marks on it as far as spine.
So i guess i should put the guides on the spine to have the logo read right?

Posted by: Mike Anderson (---.nissan-usa.com)
Date: June 23, 2005 02:43PM

That would be correct.

Posted by: Shane Hall (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 23, 2005 02:49PM

What John said. I don't think it will matter where the spine is on the bottom section of that rod - cause it really doesn't bend anyway! Even on my 4-piece 4wt FT its hard to tell where the spine lies on the lower sections. So IMHO, you could put the stripper guide on the bottom section to have the logo read right and it shouldn't diminish the performance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster