I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Brown and Rainbow Trout pics.
Posted by: Mike Anderson (---.nissan-usa.com)
Date: June 22, 2005 02:12PM

Since I don’t do any fancy work on my rods I thought I might show off some of the fancy artwork on a few fish we have caught this year on my new rods.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brown and Rainbow Trout pics.
Posted by: Daniel Axelrod (204.134.52.---)
Date: June 22, 2005 02:21PM

Those are some beautifull specimens!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2005 03:45PM

Per the photo page rules, I do ask people to put up fishing photos only in moderation. Thanks. (Not a problem, Mike, just get some fishing rod photos up when you can. Rods don't have to be "fancy.")

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: June 22, 2005 05:04PM

OK, I'm going to stick my neck way out and say it's too much. One or two is OK, but anything beyond that is excessive, IMHO.

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2005 05:11PM

I like pictures that show the catch off along with the rod it was caught on.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Mike Anderson (---.152.177.162.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: June 22, 2005 05:20PM

Sorry I offended you Gerry... And Doc they are different fish on the same river. All these fish were caught on rods that I built with the help of this board. Really, I wasn’t trying to start a argument here... I just thought since most builders must be fishermen too,,, them maybe you would enjoy seeing a few of the rewards for the long nights spent building rods. The people on my site enjoyed them so I assumed you guys would too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2005 05:45PM by Mike Anderson.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 22, 2005 05:26PM

Have to back up Gerry on this one. Seeing the rod in action and in combination with the fish is great but the same theme with different people in it begs two question why. Also as Tom says lord knows that every picture posted on wrapping is not necessarily flawless beauty. Still nice fish, maybe a section on just the outcome of rodbuilding is warranted.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2005 05:35PM

Doc,

The previoius photo page had such a section - over time it ran over the rod building stuff, being filled at least by half by photos of people's catches, guides photos of their clients and their catch, etc., etc., etc. On any given day you were far more likely to see fish photos than rod photos. There's just a lot more fishermen than there are rod builders so the outcome of such a thing was pretty obvious.

When I started the new photo page here I decided to limit it to rod building (this is a rod building site, after all). But I also mentioned, and it is in the rules which you are required to read before posting any photos, that the occasional photo of fish you caught on your custom rods would be okay. I asked for moderation with regards to fish photos and so far most have been pretty good about it.

I think Mike was excited to show off his catch with his custom rods. Maybe a couple too many photos, but he's okay and I'm not going to get bent out of shape on this one. Just a reminder for people to use good judgement on when enough is enough. Thanks.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2005 10:23PM

The last Photo Page became a circus because of dead fish pix. IT seemed non-rodbuilders were usingit to host their photos, which is when it became a problem. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone who posts pictures of rods, as well as dead fish - but just postin gthe fish kind of hogged up th e"spotlight" fro teh main focus of the page. I need my 15 minutes of thread fame, can't share it with a photo of a MArlin jumpin g&twisting, then watch as someone hit refresh 10,000 times so it was one of the most viewed images. It was an insult, and hurt my feelings.

lol.

Date: June 23, 2005 07:19AM

Sorry to hear your feelings got hurt Billy, that was not my intention here. By the way, the only fish in any of those pics that was dead or died was the Rainbow. He sure was yummy.

Posted by: Peter Merritt (---.noc.indiana.edu)
Date: June 23, 2005 11:29AM

Hey Mike,

Your email address is hidden. I'd like to ask you some questions so if you don't mind shoot me a line. Thanks
Peter

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: June 23, 2005 01:59PM

Hey Mike--all other considerations aside, those are some really nice fish! Which Sig V was that with the big Bow?

Date: June 23, 2005 02:41PM

John, that was the 5wt I bought from you. Sadly that rod got broken by a boat seat a few weeks ago. I spoke to Dan today and he has a new section on the way! I have only been fly fishing four or five years now so I am no expert by any means but that Dancraft Sig V was the most sensitive fly rod I have ever had in my hands. It was amazing to feel the fish I had been missing. It might be a little fast for my less then perfect casting stroke but man I sure love fishing with it.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: June 23, 2005 08:56PM

Cool, bummer, and I agree! ;) Glad to hear Dan's taking care of you (as he always does).

All the best,

Date: June 24, 2005 07:52AM

Peter Merritt, my email is MikeAnderson@highstream.net. I sent you a email but was returned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster