I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Happy Fathers Day
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 19, 2005 01:30PM

I know this has nothing to do with rod building or fishing but I am sure there are a lot of you out there that are fathers and many of you still have fathers alive. Time to reflect and say thanks. If it werent for mine I wouldnt be into this stuff in the first place, he taught me the basics when I was only 7 on old Calcutta bamboo rods. Happy Fathers Day!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy Fathers Day
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: June 19, 2005 02:02PM

I know I enjoyed building a couple of rods for my dad, too, Doc.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 19, 2005 06:51PM

Happy fathers day to you too. I thought about you this morning Doc. My son from San Diego called this morning. I will be going to see him on August 1st. and he wants to take me fishing on a party boat. This will be his first time out also and doesn't know what we would catch on a half day trip out. I told him we would probably catch whatever was biting but he didn't think that was funny. Any idea what to expect on one of those trips?
Thanks, Ellis

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 19, 2005 08:29PM

Thanks for the e-mail Doc.

Posted by: Peter Merritt (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: June 19, 2005 08:33PM

Thanks Doc, I was going to start a thread like this but you beat me to it! My kids gave me a couple of great gifts, A copy of Tom's Rod-Building Guide and a subscription to RodMaker! Happy fathers day to all you fathers out there. I hope that you can get out and catch some fish on all the great rods you've been making!

Peter

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 20, 2005 12:20AM

And Happy Grandfathers Day too.... I'm not one , but it was my grandfather that took me to Walden Pond ( same "Walden"...Henry David Thoreau) some 30 years ago, for opening day. (My own father was too busy with super semi conductor thinga magigs)

Needless to say, his dediction to fishing and his tackle, left a lasting impression on me that day. I still recall that "opening day".....vividly.( bacon and eggs at 3:30, 60 mph down Lowell Rd, and hooking up the salmon eggs...I remember the WHOLE day)

.A couple years later, the "old man"saved me from getting pulled into a raging tidal river by a 15 lb bluefish...grabbed me by the "scruff of the neck".

He never built a rod, but if he were alive today...he'd ask me to build another for him..."but keep it REAL simple...no fancy crap!" he'd say.

So my current thoughts go out to "Grampy", my mothers father, a carpenter and a fisherman.

Happy Fathers Day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster