I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Building Opinions
Posted by: Rob J. Hale (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 10, 2005 01:22PM

I spend time visiting various rod building forums and I see why this one is so popular. The great variety of differeing opinions and yet friendlyness involved probably has a lot to do with why this site works so well. Don't ever lose that. It makes this a great place. Now I'll get down off my soap box. Just a note to congratulate the users and owners for hosting such a great resource for rod builders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Building Opinions
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 10, 2005 01:33PM

We have lots of differing opinions here, even the occasional strong disagreement and this is just fine. The only thing I won't allow is personal insults, flames or snide comments to be made. Other than that, you can offer or find just about any viewpoint you want here. Some things in rod building are, in fact, absolute, but much of it is also subjective. Get all the various input you can and then make your own mind up.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (82.96.100.---)
Date: June 10, 2005 03:35PM

Rob you said THAT right!!! I disagreed here once and got my knuckles rapped pretty good courtesy of Tom, but it wasn't because I disagreed. Only because I put in a barb towards somebody else who had posted. Learned my lesson and have no problems. It's what makes this a special place.

Posted by: larry pirrone (---.ontrca.adelphia.net)
Date: June 10, 2005 03:37PM

when i built my first rod over 25 years ago the "gatekeepers" of rod building knowlege were the guys who owned and worked in a local shop. i could not research materials or methods. they were not bad teachers but i was limited to what they taught me. i'm sure there was a book or two but i had no knowlege of that. today, i can gather opinions and methods from all over country through this very active website and the folks who post here. i can pose a question and in a few hours have answers from guys from new york to california and even canada. there seems to be no hesitation to share knowlege. the learning curve has been shortened and the quality of information has been outstanding. the other benifit has been the ability to see outstanding work. this always has the effect of elevating my own standards and letting me know just what is possible. it has been a very pleasant association.

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.arlngt01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2005 04:53PM

You all are wrong.

Because.

Just kidding, of course.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 10, 2005 06:13PM

Rob,
This week I asked a couple of questions on some things that I would like to try in rodbuilding. Within minutes I had e-mails with tutorials and other forms of information. You just don't find that kind of help anywhere else for free.
Cheers, Ellis

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: June 10, 2005 07:16PM

You're all wrong! Just kidding. We all agree to disagree here at times but nobody gets mad and there are no accusations thrown around. That's the way it should be. As far as not finding the kind of help that you get here anywhere else for free, heck you aren't going to get it for a fee either. This is great place. Wish I could spend more time here lately but fishing season is on in a BIG way! Just hope the hurricane misses us. Then we can brace for the next 15 or so that they're calling for this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster