I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

U-40 Rod Bond
Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.mc.net)
Date: June 05, 2005 09:41PM

I just recently purchased U-40 Rod Bond for the first time and was wondering how most of you measure out equal amounts.
Thanks ,
Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: U-40 Rod Bond
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 05, 2005 09:51PM

Two popsicle sticks. Plastic flat sheet or bottom of inverted one pint empty container. Open only one container at a time and replace lid before opening the other. Scoop out a blob with one stick from the resin container - Close Resin Container - Scoop out a similar sized glob from the hardner container on the second stick - Close container - Smush the stuff on the plastic surface -Scrape both sticks together and rub off all the remainder and scrape off on the plastic surface - fold the stuff together and smush smush smush - Smush until a homogeneous color is achieved with no white or amber globules are seen. Apply to surface that is in the water break condition.

The work "smush" was purposely chosen to give rise to the ire of the Legend who will undoubtedly take exception to the above instructions.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Richard Carlsen (---.dyn.avci.net)
Date: June 06, 2005 07:11AM

Bill has it right. SMUSH is a good word. Two popsicle sticks are a must. You want no cross contamination. FOLD and SMUSH the two parts together. I put mine right on a piece of aluminum foil. When I am done applying the Rod Bond, the popsicle sticks get laid on any remaining and I later have confirmation that a bond is taking place. Then just pitch the foil.

One of the great things about Rod Bond is that you can use, what we used to call in the Navy, the Mark 1 Alpha Eyeball Method, and still get great results. I think you will really appreciate this product.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.165.37.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 06, 2005 07:41AM

I use the sticks but mix on my printers paper folded into 4 th's.

Posted by: David Olley (---.onspeed.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 08:05AM

I wondered the first time I used it but a careful eyeball method works fine.
I love this stuff, I just wish that everything in my life worked as well as this does

Posted by: Scott Parsons (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 08:10AM

I bought 2 sets of plastic measuring spoons and marked 1 set H and 1 set R and I just measure out what I need just as if you were baking. Using 2 Popsicle sticks to level off each spoon and put it out on some Aluminum foil and mix it together. Haven't had any problems and takes the guess work completly out of it. Scott

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.clis.com.136.174.12.in-addr.arpa)
Date: June 06, 2005 10:24AM

There is no guess work with Rod Bond. Eyeball it & rest easy. This product was made to be user friendly & it is! I guess it's hard some times to believe Rod Bond is as easy to use as it actually is.

Jay

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.201.14.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 06, 2005 10:31AM

Still working on my coffee pot LOL

Posted by: Domenic Federico (---.as0.wlgh.oh.core.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 01:46PM

Why can't guide epoxy be that easy to mix??? It would have saved (and probably continue to save-try not to limit future possibilities! LOL) me alot of hassle when I first began.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster