I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Flocked Grips
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 01, 2005 10:08PM

Boy - Boy - Boy - Fishermen are a tough sell. I have had customers in my shop that look at the flocked grips and equate them to EVA and do not seem to want to try ANYTHING new. This sell seems to be tough as the spiral deal. I have written a short to the point one page description of the flocked grips. Please take a look at the thing and feel free to suggest new things or wording changes that will make it better. I would like to keep it short and only one page for easy reading. Your help will be appreciated. I intend to have th one page laminated and keep it on my work table for potential customers to quickly read.

FLOCKED GRIPS

WHAT THEY ARE NOT:

Inferior Grade of Cork That Looses Filler, Comes Apart And Is Easily Stained

EVA Foam that Soaks Up Moisture, Site For Odors, Tears Easily, Gets Slick With Fish Blood, Heavy When Wet

Heavy Wood or Finished Cork That Becomes Extremely Slick

Uncomfortable and Squishy When Cold Or Wet

What They Are!!

Grade AAA Cork Sealed and Coated With Color Matching Alkyld Adhesive and Sprayed With Colored Nylon Fiber

Comfortable To Touch Maintaining Custom Rod Sensitivity To Feel

Long Life - Extremely Tough - Used On Commercial Floor Mats

Quick To Dry And Thin Layer Does Not Soak Up Excessive Fluid

Does Not Increase Rod Weight When Wet

Used By World Class Custom Builders For Functionality and Beauty

Warm To The Touch in Cold Weather

Easily Cleaned With Water - Detergent Resistant

Considered As Ultimate Material For Fine Custom Rods

Wide Range Of Colors - Yep Even LSU Purple and Gold

Thanks for any comment or ideas.
Gon Fishn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2005 10:10PM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flocked Grips
Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.sip.btr.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 01, 2005 10:16PM

Bill, I have not used one yet, but looking at them and playing with them at your shop, I quickly felt like it would be easy on the hands after a long day fishing. Cork tends to be a little rough, especially after it is well worn. The flocked grips you have feel good, and will probably be easier to grip when the trout are biting good and the hands are slimy.

Larry

Re: Flocked Grips
Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.252.206.44.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: May 01, 2005 10:24PM

How about putting a EVA grip and a Flocked grip in a small tank of water. Maybe cold water. I think I would use a hook or something to keep the grips in a up right postion while in the tank. Keep that in your shop and when the questions arise, have the customer check out the grips.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster