I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Volume 8 Issue 3 RodMaker
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2005 08:27PM

Although the 8-2 issue is just now reaching most of you, the 8-3 issue is complete and will leave for the printer early next week. Here is a quick run down of the upcoming contents:

Casting With Polyester Resins - This is going to be a hot topic for years to come. The things you can do and make with this process will surprise a lot of the readers. Some examples of things not commonly seen in rod building componentry are included. You won't believe this until you see it. The best part is that you can do this at home at minimal expense.

Pricing Custom Rods - The first in a 3-part series about how to price your custom rods for sale. A lot of time has been spent on this and I think by the time the series has concluded most new builders will have a pretty good idea how to go about fairly pricing their custom rods.

The Effect of Weight on Rod Performance - How much does a little extra weight here and there really mean to overall rod performance? Well, now we've got some figures to show you how much difference it makes. This will be a real eye opener for many rod builders.

Rod Building Seminars - How to determine if you're getting the best information possible.

Beginner's Corner - How to get the most out of your adhesives.

Tools - Thread tools you can make

Grip Template - Freshwater/Light Saltwater Casting

Rod Building News

New Rod Building Products

Color Photo Gallery

And as always, a few more things.

Mails on May 30th.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Volume 8 Issue 3 RodMaker
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.30.92.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 08:45PM

I can't wait to get hold of this one. I've been looking for resin casting methods for some time that are fairly inexpensive and less than lethal in the home and haven't had much luck. Looking forward to it!

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 11:23PM

Tom, you never cease to amaze!

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Randy Wilinski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 29, 2005 07:27AM

Well , here I am looking for the Vol. 8 Issue 3 over here !!!
No wonder I can't find it !!! lol
I just got done reading about ten Rodmaker Mags in a row the other evening ... good stuff !!!
I'm already excited about getting Vol. 8 Issue 3 ... for real this time !!! lol

Posted by: Dan Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: April 29, 2005 10:39AM

If you're talking about the seats and pieces I saw there about a month back then I'm stoked! Those were AMAZING! Would love to learn how to do this. It will probably start a whole new trend in rod building even bigger than the flocking thing. Can't wait for the next issue!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster