I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Great web site- Rocky Mountain Rodbuilders
Posted by: Jeff Schatz (---.inchord.net)
Date: April 20, 2005 10:00AM

Attention vendors and rodbuilders- For a great example of how an online store should look, feel and behave, go http:www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com. It is fast, clean, well organized, has clear images (not blurry scans) and an easy to use shopping cart and checkout.

They are a sponsor and carry Dan Craft blanks which make it worth a visit on its own. If only all of our suppliers ran sites this well done.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great web site- Rocky Mountain Rodbuilders
Posted by: Daniel Axelrod (204.134.52.---)
Date: April 20, 2005 02:24PM

I don't agree. The web site works very pooly with Firefox, my default browser. The width of the page comes out much larger that the width of the screen, making it annoying to browse. That keeps it from being a great website, sorry John.

I don't mean to be too negative, because Rockymountain is a great company. They carry high quality stuff, and John is very helpfull to work with.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: April 20, 2005 02:34PM

Thanks, Jeff--AND Dan! I wasn't aware of the issues with FireFox but will look into it immediately. There are some issues with different browsers as the technology we are using is so cutting-edge (new versions of our portal are being written and installed WEEKLY!) it's ahead of the update schedules for many browsers! We had to make a decision on which was more important and watch our web stats daily to see if we're nailing the large majority of viewers--which we are. This technology (amongst a lot of other benefits on our end) makes it possible for every user to log in and have/view/receive customized pricing on our ENTIRE product line should they be a larger-volume builder or a full-time pro or a member of a club we sponsor or something in-between. (Probably a good time to mention that if you're a commercial builder, we'd love the opportunity to provide you with wholesale pricing--just drop us a line!) It also lets you track your order online, even showing which items have shipped with which shipping co., etc., as well as track your long-term order history and what not.

Anyway, we've been delighted so many of you have expressed your appreciation of the site--but it sure is a work in progress like almost all sites are! I'm wading through our Struble reel seats section this week so if you're wondering how Jeff could call that "organized"...it will be! :) We've also got some exciting new products we're going to be introducing shortly and will be sure to give you a heads-up here.

With appreciation of being part of the rodbuilding community,

Posted by: Jeff Schatz (24.106.231.---)
Date: April 20, 2005 08:08PM

While Firefox is an interesting alternative browser it represents less than 3% of all users. Small businesses have to make decisions based on the majority of its customer's needs.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: April 20, 2005 08:45PM

Dan--I've spoken with our web guy and he tells me Firefox is not recognizing the character set properly. The encoding for Firefox assumes the page is Unicode where its actually Western ISO-8859. Look on the View->Character Encoding menu. When Western is selected the page appears the same as in IE.

Hope that helps a bit for now--we're working on a fix for Mozilla and other browsers as we encounter such issues--having you and builders like you view our site the way we designed it to be viewed and navigated is very important to us to say the least...I appreciate you letting us know about this.

Warmly,

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 20, 2005 09:21PM

I am another fan of Rocky Mountain's website. It played a big part in me choosing them for my component needs. I am a visual person and need to have the big shiny pictures in front of me...

Seems like inserting this code into the HTML would set the browser accordingly:

<META HTTP-EQUIV= "Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2005 02:41AM

I use Firefox and have to say that it looks perfect to me. Maybe it's my resolution settings... I don't know.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster