I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Brother-in-Law wants me to build 10', 2pc, 2-3oz surf stick
Posted by: Marty Martin (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: April 14, 2005 09:40PM

What would you use and how would you set it up? He wants it about 10', 2pc for transport and usually fishes bloodworms with a 2 or 3 oz pyramid sinker. He always fishes a spinning real so it needs to be spinning. He's paying for the parts and said he will go up to $150.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brother-in-Law wants me to build 10', 2pc, 2-3oz surf stick
Posted by: Clyde Roberts (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2005 07:22AM

Rainshadow SU1266.

Posted by: Jeffrey Stickle (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 15, 2005 07:43PM

I'd vote for the Rainshadow SU1266 although it is a 10'6" rod. You could leave it the same or trim it a bit. I would also suggest you set it up with Fuji Low Rider Surf Guides on the new concept method.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2005 08:26PM

Rainshadow - SU1264 1-4 oz (best casting is 2.5-3oz) // SU1266 2-5oz (best 3-4oz) I've built about a dozen of these and have had ZERO complaints from anyone.. I "mix" the guides start with a 40 'v-ee guide for the stripper then change to 25 casting guide and continue on with casting guides to keep it close to the blank (20, 16, 16/12, 12,10 , 10/8 plus tip top).

Posted by: capt ray brown (155.94.62.---)
Date: April 18, 2005 09:30PM

check-out the 1264 and the 1266 at fishsticks4u.com
capt.ray

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster