I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Now that I will have a custom built rod...
Posted by: Thomas Schell (---.whtmrs01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 04:28PM

I am looking for a great place to use it. I know this isn't the proper place, but can anyone refer me to a site or recommend great smallmouth canoe fishing in Western MD, Southern PA or Northern VA??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now that I will have a custom built rod...
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 14, 2005 04:35PM

The Rappahannock and the Shenandoah are both very good rivers for smallmouth. Both are in Northern Virginia.

Posted by: Thomas Schell (---.whtmrs01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 04:43PM

Thanks. We have done the Shenandoah out of Front Royal for several years now and am looking for something new. Will look into the Rappahanock. Any others??

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 04:54PM

Harper's Ferry and north on the Potomac. Very nice smallies, good float trip and if you want something larger you can try muskies in the canal that runs along side ....

Posted by: Dan Grulke (---.fairfaxcounty.gov)
Date: April 14, 2005 07:12PM

Added to the above posts: Upper Potomac from Brunswick to Lander, Whites Ferry to Angonkiln. Anywhere on the Doah including Morgans frod to Rt50, Bixler Bridge (luray) to mile marker 8. In PA the Susky at the confluence of the Juniata (pronounce June-ee-ata you don't want to get on the badside of the pennsyl-tucky people by saying Juan-ita. Then if you can drive for about two more hours you have the New and James Rivers.

Dan Grulke

Posted by: Tommy Lindsay (---.249.180.6.Dial1.Washington2.Level3.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 07:59PM

You are not too far away for the james around the confluence with the Maury, North of Lynchburg...beautiful river and beeeeeeg smallies...

Posted by: Thomas Schell (---.essex01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 11:37PM

Thanks to you all, please keep em coming! Will research camping locations and canoe outfitters in those areas.

Posted by: Mike Parker (208.6.1.---)
Date: April 15, 2005 09:00AM

On the Rappahannock - [www.clorebros.com]

Posted by: Tim Hough (---.metro8.phila.k12.pa.us)
Date: April 15, 2005 11:03AM

One word...Susquehanna

Believe me,

Tim

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 16, 2005 06:29PM

Three words....Susquehanna or Juniata !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster