I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fisher Graphite
Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2005 10:59AM

Moring all. I've got a question concerning a blank that was given to me last night. It measures 6' 2", is gloss blank and has a sticker that reads "Fisher Graphite since 1922 Carson City, NV. " There is nothing to denote the line or lure wt. The blank appears to have a fast tip and a med -heavy or heavy power rating. Tip size is a #6 and the butt diam measures .500.

Does anyone have any information concerning the specs on this blank or a suggestion on where I might obtain it? I have done a search on the web, but came up with nothing helpful.

Thanks!

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fisher Graphite
Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 12, 2005 01:59PM

Doug, The Common Cents System will provide all the details you are seeking. If you need to learn how to perform the tests, or just to review the steps, Tom K. has prepared a CCS Pamphlet which is availabe for just $4.00 at the folllowing address:

RodMaker Magazine
P.O. Box 1322
High Point, NC 27261

There is great satisfaction in personally testing a blank or rod and finding out it's particular details. You'll also need a few hundred clean pennies minted after 1996; a lightweight plastic bag and a way to attach it to the tip of the blank or rod (a paper clip). Once you learn this technique you will be amazed how much it can help. Dr. Hanneman has provided rod builders with an invaluable tool and we should all make good use of it.
Good luck,
Dave

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2005 11:54PM

Pennies minted after 1996? Maybe it's the percodan from my root canal today, but I don't understand the distinction.

Mark

Spencer Phipps
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 13, 2005 01:40AM

Mark,
The penny has been more consistently the same weight since 1996, this gives the system repeatability. Their weight is 38.61 grams each on average.

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 13, 2005 01:42AM

Mark,
It seems the pennies minted in 1996 and thereafter are different in weight from those of earlier years. It is vital that pennies' weight be uniform for the CC test. This also explains the need for clean pennies as any dirt or oxidation could ruin the test results. Common Cents and common sense. I am just passing along what I learned. All credit belongs to Dr. Hanniman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster