I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Spatula
Posted by: Jim Marquart (---.netcommander.com)
Date: April 05, 2005 12:14AM

Where can I purchase the Joe Kassuba spatula? I'm tired of "brush bubbles" and Klass Kote doesn't work well with credit cards. (Renders them useless for purchases!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spatula
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: April 05, 2005 02:02AM

Watch out, Joe-word has it that Jim's credit card's no good...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Gary Bechtel (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2005 05:50AM

Jim, I have had pretty good luck just using a deck of cheap playing cards. Mixing on the card, little brush work here and there, and on open areas, just wipe on with the card. Gary

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.45.66.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: April 05, 2005 07:39AM

Jim
Do a search of this board. I would think that Klass Kote is thin and will flow out well?
It may be how you are putting it on?? How hot the area is?

Posted by: Don Davis (---.ssa.gov)
Date: April 05, 2005 09:47AM

Jim. I use the K-K and have found that the plastic palette knives sold in the art supplies works great. My favorite is the long thin blade. The K-K forms a little drop on both sides of the tip and is easily applied. Wipe clean with a coffee filter.

Posted by: Joe Kassuba (---.wa.charter.com)
Date: April 05, 2005 10:20AM

Jim
My email is hisrodshop@charter.net . There is an article regarding spatula's on my web page also www.hisrodshop.com
Regards Joe Kassuba

His Rod Shop
Joe Kassuba

Posted by: Don Davis (199.173.226.---)
Date: April 05, 2005 02:58PM

Excellent article. The Klass Kote paint can be applied exactly the same way, although it is much thinner in consistency than other epoxies. The plastic palette knife I favor is very close in shape to the metal spatula with the pointed tip. The Klass Kote can also be applied with a foam brush cut to the width of the wrap. Either way, because the paint has more solvent, it releases bubbles more easily and shrinks a bit as it sets.

Posted by: Brian Issa (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2005 11:59PM

Try a flat bristle artists brush. Dip it in 5min epoxy, brush most of it out till the tip is nice and flat, and let it dry. Makes a very nice spatula that sits perfectly in your hand, and they're cheap too (you don't need the high dollar kind so get a couple of different widths)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster