I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Source for "rayon twist" thread ?
Posted by: Gary Rauch (---.199.23.209.susc.suscom.net)
Date: April 03, 2005 07:21AM

I'm looking for a source for what's called "rayon twist" thread. It's a two-tone colored thread. I don't even know the brand name. I've tried some searches, but haven't had any luck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Source for "rayon twist" thread ?
Posted by: Anonymous User (202.138.16.---)
Date: April 03, 2005 07:53AM

Gary you might find what your looking for at this UK site, it's where I get my Madeira metalic twist thread from. You won't have to pay the VAT (tax) if you register and don't live in the UK

[barnyarns.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2005 07:54AM by Myles Boon.

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: April 03, 2005 10:18AM

Most higher end sewing stores will carry the "twist rayon. It is usually found in 35wt and there is a pretty decent color selection if they carry the Maderia line. It just feels a little wierd walking into a sewing store looking for thread for the first few times until they get to know you. Then the can be very helpful.

Derek

www.embriodery.com

If you don't have such a store near you

Derek

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 03, 2005 08:03PM

Gary, there's "Rayon twist" and other twists.......Gudebrod and Rice have nylon twists and are readily available. Sulky has a huge assortment as does Madeira, and YLI. ...........The old Holland twists , are the best but they're long gone and hard to find. Frequent your local sewing shops....lots of fun!

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.138.69.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: April 04, 2005 03:48AM

not sure if this is what you're looking for, but i just used gudebrod's Classic Twist in the black and white version on a matte grey dan craft blank trimmed with thin black trim. very monochromatic overall. cool, unusual oattern once wrapped. almost.... hypnotic. i LOVE it.

gudebrod make about five versions of classic twist, plus combos with gold, and combos with silver. summer moon provided my classic twist.

eric
fresno, ca.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster