I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Restoring an Oldie,Need Advice or Parts
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:12AM

Reciently started to restore several old Bamboo rods that I came across from a friend.I was wondering if anyone has a supplier for old style reel seats and hardware(I can supply pictures).If this is not possible how about rechromeing.Anybody have experience with this?Can anyone recomend a plater to do the job.These rods have unique seats and trim hardware that I would like to preserve.I have at least 6 seats to be chromed so the size of the order is not large but not small either.Thanks in advance.OR maybe I`ll just marbleize them!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restoring an Oldie,Need Advice or Parts
Posted by: sam fox (---.jan.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:24AM

Fred,
Several of the the sponsers of this phorum can help, particularly Golden Witch and Angler's Workshop both have helped me from time to time. As to chroming, I'm sorry I have no experience in that area, perhaps they can lead you in the right direction.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:42AM

Hi Fred,

Check with your local autobody shops and someone should know the name of someone in your area that does chroming.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: larry pirrone (---.ontrca.adelphia.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 09:29AM

talk to jeff fultz at platte river rods on the left. he does some restoration and he can do nickel silver plating as well. also, check out [p205.ezboard.com]. this forum is devoted to bamboo rods and has a section on restoration.

Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.cpm.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 09:19AM

Does anyone have any leads on a good plater for hardware? I'm kind of in the same boat as Fred but I can't find anyone to do nickel silver plating.

Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.cpm.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 09:21AM

Does anyone have any leads on a good plater for hardware? I'm kind of in the same boat as Fred but I can't find anyone to do nickel silver plating.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster