I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Why buy Batson/Forecast Components?
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 06:36PM

On the surface, most rodbuilding components look just about the same. So why buy Batson/Forecast components? The design of Batson /Forecast components represent the combination of idea's that stem from more than 50 years of rod manufacturing and custom rodbuilding. No cut corners here. Just honest Quality and attention to detail that makes our line of rodbuilding components excel in terms of Quality, Performance and Value.
Little differences that make reel seats easier to put together, guides that are double plated for Xtra protection, guide feet that are pre ground before plating so that they easier to work with, are a few examples of the kinds of things we do here at Batson Enterprises. You will see items that others do not carry and little differences that only we offer.
One big difference is that Rod Builders design Batson/Forecast components. We are not just a company that buys and sells components, all of us here are Rodbuilders; all of us here are avid fishermen. We are always searching for new ways to improve our rodbuilding components to enhance the fishing experience. You will see these kinds of improvements in our product line now and in the future of Batson Enterprises- Rainshadow/Forecast product line. We are here for the Industry and will be for generations to come. This is a US family owned and operated company who pride themselves in supplying the industry with Quality products at reasonable prices. " The Vision Continues "
There are O.E.M. companies & rodbuilders around the world that use our Quality components. One such company would be St. Croix - The largest US manufacturer of built rods.
We have almost everything you will need to produce the rod of your dreams. Please feel free to contact us for your Free 80 pg Color Component catalog and also our 34 pg color blank catalog, IMHO the most comprehensive catalogs of there kind in the industry. If you ever have any questions in regards to our product line please feel free to contact us. Go to our website at www.batsonenterprises.com to find the nearest Authorized Distributor in your area.
The Batson Enterprises TEAM wants to personally Thank everyone for your support of our programs.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why buy Batson/Forecast Components?
Posted by: Andy Snedden (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 06:58PM

Bill,

So who's the better fishermen over there, you or Karry?

Andy Snedden

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 07:24PM

Bill--you guys ROCK. We're proud to be part of your extended team as dealers, and have to agree your products are amongst the best out there at any price and are surely contenders for "Best Value". Little things like fly reel seat hoods that prevent the epoxy from "squishing" (technical term) down into the recessed reel foot opening, incredible quality control, pre-assembled BNS Nickel Silver seats...the list goes on. And as I've stated elsewhere, in my honest opinion you now have the finest performance fly blank available in your new RX8+. Nice catalogues, too!

Way to go...we're glad the vision IS continuing.

Thanks, sincerely,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2005 07:45PM by John Launstein.

Date: March 18, 2005 07:39PM

Andy,
You know Karry will say he is a better fisherman, only because he spends more time on the water. I have 3 kids and more responsibility than him as he has NO kids yet. But when it comes to building rods I beleive I can build a more cosmetically nicer rod than him. Josh Constant - one of our other salesmen is also a very good fiherman and a good rodbuilder. When Karry , Josh and I get out together it goes back and forth on who outfishes who. But to tell you the truth I think Karry is one of the best fisherman I have ever been around except for my Dad ( Bob Batson ) who I beleive was one of the best fisherman and rodbuilders there ever was. What a blessing to be around such great people and to be in an Industry that I love..
To all who have used Rainshadow/Forecast Blanks & Components: Please write your comments so others can hear first hand on your experiences..
Thanks again
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
wbatson@olypen.com

Posted by: Mike Anderson (---.152.99.35.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 07:39PM

You can count on my support bill, you have a fantastic product for a fair price. Truly a rare find these days.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 18, 2005 08:13PM

Batson also admits their errors in judgement. If you catch them in a mistake they MAY give you a spool of Purple Thread which is not listed in their wizmo, gizmo, new , let it all hand out, slick page, glossy, tell it all catalog! The only thing missing except the purple thread is a centerfold!!
Bill, all the blanks in the last tube are almost committed.

One question - on the holographic guides there is a color preferential the way the ring sits - one side is to green and the other is to purple. Are the Forecasts all facing the same way or do you have a mix. I like to build with all the rings facing the same direction so the colors are balanced.
Can we specify colors facing the same on bag orders of 25 ea.

Gon Fishn
Bill Stevens

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:09AM

Hey Bill KUDOS to you and your group or should I say family. For those who do not know it. Everyone who works there at Baston is like family even if they are not blood related They all stand behind what they sell Bill where is your mounted fish? I saw your brothers when I was up there doing your snow fall. I thought you lived in the banana belt. (Smile)
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Kirk Miller (---.gci.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:24AM

Bill,
I have always had nothing but raves for all of Btasons products. I built the neighbor a rod once, small 3 wt forecast that he took back to West Virgina. For what ever reason it never made it back with him. I think they convinced him it would be worthless to him in Alaska, that they would keep it safe for him back East where the fish don't get so big. I am getting ready to build a couple more for him, one for him to use, and 1 to send back to his father. That is just one example. I built a rainshadow IF 9 ft 9wt as a retirement gift for a friends boss............I was told it almost brought tears to his eyes, when he saw it, ( I would like to think the fine craftsmanship in building the rod had something to do with that), and he couldn't stop talking about what a sweet rod it was once he finally got to fish it. Those are just 2 examples of people that were impressed with their Batson products. That is not the only reason to do buisness with you folks......I trully appreciate the outstanding customer service. I haveonly had a problem with my orders once, and it was cleared up the same day I called. No questions asked. That kind of customer service is getting harder and harder to find. It is greatly appreciated by more than myself I am sure.

By the way Anyway we can get the centerfold put in next years catalog..........that would trully make it complete

Kirk Miller

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 05:44AM

Can't say enough good things about Rainshadow and Forecast products!

Love the Forecast and Rainshadow blanks,and the Forecast components give you the best performance,cosmetics,and value for your dollar that you will find.EXCEPTIONAL bang for your buck and HIGHLY recommended to all!

Posted by: Greg Mitchell (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 10:21AM

Bill thanks for the informative post. I have been building on your forecast blanks and I love them. I just purchased a rainshadow blank for the next project. But I have never tried Batson components. Thanks to your informative post I plan to.
Greg

Date: March 19, 2005 11:30AM

Thank you for all the kind words in regards to out product line. " The Vision Continues ". If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact us.
The Batson TEAM..
Rainshadow/Forecast
www.batsonenterprises.com
wbatson@olypen.com
877-875-2381

Posted by: Andy Snedden (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:16PM

Bill,

We'll be using Batson DR1266s and DR1147s for salmon and your Tough Sticks for hailibut on the Port Renfrew trip. I know Karry has caught some big fish but you'll have a chance at some monsters - last year's biggest chinook was 62 lbs and the biggest hali was just over 202 lbs. Make sure to bring your largest cooler!!

Andy Snedden

Posted by: Randy Miller (12.32.43.---)
Date: March 19, 2005 01:47PM

Love those forecast blanks,I picked up a 4 and 5 wt. blank to build rods for my kids but they look and feel so good that my kids might have to fight me for them.
Can't wait to get them finished to try them out.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 02:59PM

Bill sorry about the miss spelling of Batson.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Nick Arledge (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 09:43AM

Hey Billy, You da man!! I love your stuff becuase it's cheap (meaning lowest price) and you'll sell to me when others would not - Thanks!! I'm all for your stuff & your vision. And I love those blow-out specials you guys run every now & then - I don;t know how you can sell parts so cheap - your vision is great!! And that catalog is great, my bother in law is in the printing business, like he said when he saw it, why say it 30 pages what you can say in 80!! You go man.

Posted by: Mike Wong (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 02:07PM

I am just getting started building rods. Have build a couple salmon and steelhead rods on the Rainshadow blanks, and am just finishing a light spinning rod for trout. My experience with this company has been great. I have asked questions and gotten recommendations from both Billy and Karry that have been right on. I cant see myself buying my stuff anywhere else given the price, performance and help that these people have given me.

Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: March 21, 2005 10:00AM

As one of the newest West Coast Batson Enterprises Distributors. I am very impressed with the communication that I have with all of you. You are always keeping me up on the latest new items and have helped me in getting items that no one else has done. I have been pushing the SW1089 and SW967, IMU907 for saltwater fishing and for throwing the 7" trout rubber baits. I will continue selling the line of Batson Enterprises components.

Good Wraps and Fishing,
Neal Cissel
Neal's Fishing Products
www.nealsfishingtackle.com
neal@nealsfishingtackle.com

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.mdsnwi.tds.net)
Date: March 21, 2005 05:24PM

Love the blanks love the guides love the price!! enough said. Oh yeah and lets see FUJI answer your questions. Yeah right!! big thanks to the Batsons.

Posted by: Scott Behn (---.sea1-4.27.232.22.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 02:13AM

Bill I'm just glad y'all built a blank that is something different then green, black, or matte gray. I love the looks of the blue forcast blanks. I think I'm going to grab one from the shop and build it for my son. He wants to start fly flinging with his old man.

Tight Lines,

Scott Behn
Greg's Custom Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster