I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Spin rings
Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 03:47PM

I've seen spin rings in a catalog. I've asked and read some posts, but I cannot understand what are they used for.

Is there any picture in fishingphotos.net to see these spin rings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spin rings
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 08:08PM

Daniel, do you have a link to an online catalog? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 08:33PM

They are used to hold your reel on a Tennesee style handle. It's built with no reel seat, all cork. I learned that here!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Robert McIvor (142.176.162.---)
Date: March 17, 2005 11:33PM

I believe what you are talking about are the graphite or rubber rings used to hold your reel on a grip with out a reel seat. Usually used on ulta light rods and ice fishing rods.

Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 03:30AM

You can see them at [www.fishpacbay.com] more or less a third from the top, on the right side. There are two of them, aluminium and graphite.

I think they are to hold the reel in the handle, as William and Robert suggested, although I'd like to see some picture. How can you adjuste them? Are they glued over the reel?

Posted by: Michael Sledden (208.21.98.---)
Date: March 18, 2005 07:04AM

They slide up and down the handle and you can put the reel anywhere you want to on it. The handle is just a staright piece of cork or graphite tube. They will stay in place on a cork handle, but for a graphite tube handle, I had to place a small piece of rubber inside the ring opposite the reel foot to get them from slipping. If you look for an example, search for Tennessee handles.

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.boeing.com)
Date: March 18, 2005 09:03AM

Oh, okay. This is the first I've ever heard them described as spin rings. I've always called them slip rings, hence my confusion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster