I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow sale at mudhole
Posted by: Jeff Schatz (24.106.231.---)
Date: March 16, 2005 07:19PM

FYI: there's a great sale (50% off and more) on Rainshadow blanks at Mudhole.com. They're listed as Cascade Composites, the manufacturers name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow sale at mudhole
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2005 07:43PM

Technically, those aren't RainShadow blanks. Buyers will have to look over the specs and decide for themselves what they're getting, but it might be better to state that these are Cascade blanks.

Posted by: Richard Backus (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:09PM

Is there much differance in the specs over all? Are these maybe blanks that didn't fit their Quality control and are now offered at a discount. What do you all think?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:27PM

As far as I know there is no issue with quality, but if they don't come from Batson Enterprises they're technically not RainShadows.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:34PM

Yes, There is a difference. I got a new Rainshadow at Charlotte with the same disignation as a Cascade I got from Mudhole. I put the two side by side. The Cascade is lighter and slightly more flexible. Matte finish on Cascade-Glossy black on Rainshadow. These two rods were not made by the same manufacturer. Cascade is "no more" and I don't think Batson is using the Cascade equipment anymore. I stand to be corrected if I am in error. I am not impling that the present day Batson Rainshadow is inferior or superior to the Cascade-just there is a slight difference. I like them both.

I was about to go order some more of the Cascade's from Mudhole if they had further lower ther price within the last week or so but it apprears they have been the same price for the last few months. They are still a good buy but I got enough blanks a Charlotte to keep me busy.

Ed Smith

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 09:10AM

The Blanks that Mudhole are selling are NOT Rainshadow Blanks. Mudhole is NOT an Authorized Distributor of Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast products. This has caused a big confusion in the industry and I have gotten many phone calls & E-mails pertaining to this issue. These are not Rainshadow Blanks, If you do not receive a Batson Enterprises Warranty card with your Rainshadow blank then you should question if it is a Rainshadow Blank. I beleive if you read carefully what Mudhole says they say they are Cascade Blanks. IMHO the Rainshadow name should have never been used to promote these blanks. If you want a Rainshadow blank with a warranty please feel free to contact one of our many Authorized distributors.
If anyone has any questions in regards to our product line please feel free to contact us. If you have not received your new free color Blank & component catalogs contact us and we will get them to you.
Thank you for all of your support of our programs
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 11:39AM

Thanks for setting the record straight, Bill! I was going to weigh in on this last night but figured it would be better to come from the source! :)

We have a COUPLE of the discontinued Rainshadow RX8's left in stock (which are superlative blanks by anyone's standard), and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new RX8+ blanks. We received a number of these last fall to test out and as I've stated elsewhere they may very well be the finest performing fly blank I've ever encountered. Rainshadow has raised the bar, my friends--these are that good.

Feel free to drop by our site to see what we do have available and read up a bit on the new models (look under "Our Products", "Blanks", "Rainshadow"), as well as request one of the new catalogues (great job on those as well, Bill!).

Proud to be associated with this fine company,

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 04:23PM

Yes Mr. Batson is correct, Mud Hole Custom Tackle is not offering 50% off Rainshadow blanks – we are offering 50% off Made in the USA blanks from Cascade Composites, LLC. Cascade Composites, LLC was partially owned by Batson Enterprises and was the exclusive manufacturer of Rainshodow blanks during 2003/2004. Cascade Composites, LLC became the exclusive factory for Rianshadow blanks after Batson Enterprises moved their private label blank business away from All Star Composites, LLC to Cascade Composites. Currently in 2005, Rainshadow blanks are made in China and some models are made in the USA on a private label basis by another blank manufacture for Batson.

We realize this can be confusing to the customer and that is one of many reasons we are not an authorized Batson dealer (what ever that means). Just as the Batson 2002/2003 Forecast blanks and the 2004/2005 Forecast blanks are from two different vendors, the Rainshadow 2001/2002 and then the 2003/2004 and now the 2005 models all came from different factories & vendors. We know all these changes can be confusing when selecting a Cascade Composite blank, so to be clear, Mud Hole is offering the Cascade Composite blanks from 2003/2004 model cycle.

For obvious reasons it is illegal for us to sell any of the Cascade Composite blanks under the Rainshow brand name as these blanks we not purchased from Batson Enterprises. We understand and respect that, so we are removing any stickers on the blanks that say Rainshadow on the blanks we are selling and all of our advertising for these blanks specifically states they are Cascade Composite blanks.

Regards,
Tom McNamara
President/CEO
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc

PS - In case you missed it, below is our original post listing our Blow Out Sale on these blanks:

Mud Hole Custom Tackle has purchased the complete inventory of the popular blank manufacturer Cascade Composites LLC located in Sequim Washington. The factory was only recently built using the newest tooling and machinery, but the factory is closing their doors and going out of business. There will be no more of these blanks made. While in operation, Cascade Composites LLC produced blanks on a private label basis that were sold under brand names such as Rainshadow® and others.

Mud Hole has purchased every blank the factory had in stock and the semi truck is on its way to our distribution center right now!! Next week we will begin offering over $250,000 dollars worth of blanks for sale at unbelievable liquidation pricing. The exciting news is this liquidation event is open to the public!! For the first time ever, the public will have the opportunity to purchase first quality blanks at greatly reduced prices. The complete factory stock will be liquidated – everything must go.

What does this mean to you the custom rod builder?? Huge savings on popular blanks in hundreds of styles – spin, cast, crank bait, bass, musky, jig, fly, steelhead, salmon, saltwater, intermediate and high modulus graphite blanks in a variety of colors – matt clear, transparent black and olive green. These blanks are first quality blanks – in bags, tagged, trimmed, plugged, labeled, cleaned with header cards and ready to start your next custom rod building project.

Rainshadow® is a registered trademark of Batson Enterprises, Inc., Sequim, WA

Posted by: Jeff Schatz (---.inchord.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 05:47PM

Didn't mean to misrepresent any product, seller or manufacturer but these are still pretty good deals on blanks that were widely acclaimed on this board.

Posted by: Richard Backus (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 10:24PM

I Love this site!
Rick

Posted by: Jason Vining (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 09:15PM

Well what ever they are... they shure are nice... i just got mine through the mail from mudhole... saved me 40 bones in the process.... great service... talk to you soon mudhole..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster