I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

St. Croix Label
Posted by: Jeff Price (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 10:21PM

Do you need to use the label that comes with the blank? I think the 1st St. Croix blank came with the label seperate, but this one comes with it already on the bottom of the blank(where the reel seat is). Do I just peel it off and later use it on the butt wrap? What do I do with it in the meantime? Thanks for past responses on the wrap color. I went with the garnett. Also, how long do you normally make the wrap on a fly wrap? Do they need to go much past the guide foot? Many thanks, Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St. Croix Label
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 10:42PM

Any reputable dealer will send you a separate decal in addition to the one that is on the butt of the blank. (I've been screwed on this before by some suppliers that I have tried).

The wrap should be as long as you as a builder feels necessary. Generally, as short as possible if you are going for "performance".

I'll leave it at that.

Posted by: Mark Janeck (---.ispnet.ca)
Date: March 16, 2005 12:09AM

St.Croix blanks come with a second separate decal stapled to the package on new blanks. You can contact St.Croix and see if they will send you another one. Don't try peeling the butt label off and re-using it. It will not work.

Mark Janeck
Custom Rods, Campbellville, Ontario

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 08:50AM

Jeff,
The St. Croix blanks before last years models had the gold generic label that was near the butt end with a rubber band. Sometimes these easily fell out or got lost on packaging. If your vendor does not have extras, then St. Croix service dept. may be able to help you with replacement.
The newer St. Croix blanks have the labels in a small packet stapled with the tag end near the tip, and these have the specific model and specs. listed on the label. These are white lettering instead of the older gold generic St. Croix labels, but they are less prone to getting misplaced from the original packaging with the blank.
Hope this helps.

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 12:08PM

I start my wraps 1/16" from the end of the foot, whether or not I use a 3 or 4 turn trim wrap. On the tip top, I make that wrap as long as the wrap on the guide closest to the tip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster