I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NW Rod Builders Get Together
Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 11:48PM

We are considering having a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening. There will be fresh Spring Chinook but it might be fun to have all those that will be driving to the event, and who want to, to bring a side dish and we could have a judging to determine the best side dish and the winner would get a really nice prize, maybe a nice blank. What do all of those that will be attending think of the idea?? My first reaction is that a pot luck and a friendly and informal competition could be fun. Let me know what you think.

By the way we are up to about 80 people who will be attending and the number is still getting bigger. It should really be a lot of fun. We are actually a little surprised and pleased as well at how good the turn out is going to be considering that Woodland is in the boon docks and the event does not have any affiliation with any organized group other than the sponsorship, and a lot of work, by Lamigals. By the way, anyone who has not sent Todd Vivien a registration or some sort of notification should do so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NW Rod Builders Get Together
Posted by: Jeff Hunter (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 02:50AM

Sounds good to me Emory. I'm trying to decide whether to drive back and forth or stay a night or two down there. Having some type of social activity in the evening would make my decision easier. I'm not sure how my checkbook is going to fare being that close to Lamiglas and Angler's Workshop for 3 days but maybe we can form a support group to keep each other from going home completely penniless. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Jeff Hunter

Date: March 15, 2005 10:33AM

Jeff,
I do not want to make your decision any harder but there will be social activities on both Friday and Saturday evening. In fact, we are working on a couple of presentaions or demonstrations for Friday evening. Plus I am sure there will be informal social get togethers in the evenings. But you had better save enough of your pennies so that you can still make Common Sense System measurements.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 11:30AM

I suppose we could give away bag's of pennies as door prizes?

Todd

Posted by: Joe Kassuba (---.wa.charter.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 11:45AM

I love it-
The rod builder that goes home to the LORD with the most blanks WINS!!!! Jane is planning her side dish now. I am working on the waist line to make room for spring Chinook!!
Joe

His Rod Shop
Joe Kassuba

Posted by: Mike Wong (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:16PM

I havent seen anything about this function. Is it open to anyone? When is it? If it is open what do I have to do to participate?

Date: March 17, 2005 10:20AM

Mike,
Yes it is open to everyone and it is free and you are more than welcome. There are a number of previous posts but here is the basic information. It is going to be on the 8th, 9th and 10th of April in Woodland Washington. Lamiglas is generously making their facilities available. There will be demonstrations and presentations on a variety of subjects of interest to rod builders. There will also be a pot luck Salmon dinner on Saturday evening. But if you are coming from any distance so that it is inconvienient don't worry about bringing anything for the pot luck. I am sure that there is going to be plenty. Just bring yourself and anyone else that is interested in rod building and expect to have an informative and fun time. Hope to see you there.

Date: March 17, 2005 10:22AM

Mike,
I attempted to send you an e-mail with more details but your e-mail address is hidden.

Posted by: Mike Wong (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 02:14PM

Emory,

Sent you an email.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster