I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Diffences between Dan Craft Blanks
Posted by: Mitch Beaubien (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 09:10AM

A few weeks ago there was a post outlining the differnces between each of the four series of Dan Craft blanks and it also compared each of them to other blank lines on the market. I searched the archives but could not seem to find it. Would one of you be able to point me in the right direction or if not then please repost the info? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diffences between Dan Craft Blanks
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: March 10, 2005 09:50AM

Mitch,

I don't think I saw the post you are referring to but hopefully someone else did and can point you to it. But, I have used all the blanks Dan sells: Sig. III, Sig. IV, Sig. V, FT, and IM6, primarily in 3-6wt. ratings. So, if you have trouble finding what you need, feel free to e-mail me about the differences and I can try to help. It is a diverse offferring of blanks. They definitely aren't all the same and really cover a wide range. Dan has obviously put a lot of thought into these designs and what he has chosen to offer.

Steve

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 03:07PM

Mitch--I didn't see that post either (it sounds interesting, to say the least!), but you'll find a description of the Sig III, Sig V, and FT series on our site here: [www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com] (or, if that doesn't work, go to [www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com]
"Our Products", "Blanks", "Dan Craft" and you should find it.

BTW--we've got Dan's Sig III and FT models on sale for the month of March (we just haven't advertised it too much yet) so be sure to click over to the store for some additional savings!

All the best,

Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 04:12PM

Your looking for a post entitled "Dan Craft Blanks". Try a search using all dates but on the subject field only and see what you get.

Posted by: Mitch Beaubien (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 08:30PM

Thanks guys, maybe I'll just tell you what I'm looking for and see if you can help me out that way. I'm looking to build a general purpose 8wt rod. It will be used for everything from fishing big nymphs and streamers on large rivers like the Bow; tossing big bunny strip flies for pike and bull trout, a little bit of saltwater fishing for salmon and rockfish, and maybe even for bonefish on the flats (hopefully someday).

The blank I have in mind is the SIG III 8wt. five pce but I also notice that the FT series is very close in price and I can't decide between the two. Basically I want to go with whatever blank is least likely to blow up when I hit it with a half pound of soaking wet rabbit hide or pair of lead dumbell eyes on the forward stroke. I'm not worried about casting extreme distances I just want a nice general purpose heavy rod that will throw an accurate cast and have the strength to land a few big fish. Thanks again.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 10:17PM

Mitch! As a fellow Bow River "resident" ;) I'd have to suggest the FT between those two. BUT I just might have another option for you if you drop me a line (wink wink nudge nudge)! :)

BTW--we've got the Sig III's and FT's on sale for the month of March, and I'd be happy to meet you at your favourite hole to deliver (you just have to tell me where your favourite hole is...with detailed directions, best time of day to fish it, I mean meet you...) :)

Talk to you soon, I hope!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster