I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

THEY FOUND MY STUFF
Posted by: Ray Jorgensen (---.longlines.com)
Date: March 04, 2005 07:28PM

Good news. My display for the Charlotte show has been found. It's being shipped back, I hope no problems. Thought there might be some folks wondering.

Regards,

Ray Jorgensen
[classiccustomwood.com]
ccw@classiccustomwood.com
602 Central Ave. E
Hampton, IA 50441
641-456-4599

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THEY FOUND MY STUFF
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 08:08PM

I was wondering, and am glad to hear it was found....better late than never. Hopefully you'll make it down again next year so I can see how your rod handles compare to the Salt & Pepper shakers.

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.r4.ncreed.infoave.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 10:16PM

Glad to hear that. Maybe they will give something to make up for the screw up.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 04, 2005 11:04PM

Ray, I'm real glad to hear this; it just made me sick that you weren't able to display all of your work. You really took it in stride and did a heck of a lot better with the whole deal than I would have...

It was great to have met you and Gabe; hope to see you again soon!

Putter

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 10:55AM

That's great news!!! It was nice to meet you. You might look into taking the train next year.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 11:15AM

Good people breed happy endings.It was a shame people could not see the work in person,pictures are fine but you need to feel the product the Ray produces to get the whole picture.I always assumed these handles were heavy but they are the opposite.I still havent built mine into a rod yet but the blank is finally on the way.This is one I want to make special and take some time and engineer to its fullest potential.I`m a firm believer you make your own fate and being as helpful and nice as Ray is he got rewarded.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 08:27PM

I am relieved and happy for you. Hope we can have another nice end of show dinner in Charlotte next year.

Posted by: Fran Park (---.atlaga.adelphia.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 08:59PM

Ray, I'm glad you are getting your work back. I am much more fortunate than the folks at the show, because I got to see your work last August in Park Falls. I know how much work went into those pieces, and am glad you don't have to recreate them. I look forward to seeing you in charlotte next year. And maybe in Park Falls this August!

Fran

Posted by: Ray Jorgensen (---.longlines.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 06:24PM

Thanks to all, I'm really glad I won't have to redo all of them for display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Ray Jorgensen
[classiccustomwood.com]
ccw@classiccustomwood.com
602 Central Ave. E
Hampton, IA 50441
641-456-4599

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster