I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Apology to Fedex
Posted by: Ray Jorgensen (---.longlines.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 06:58PM

I need to clarify much of what we related to folks who stopped by our booth at Charlotte.

Our display didn't make it to the show, we did. We had checked late friday night with Fedex and with my limited knowledge they could not give me any information other than "we don't know where it's at". We said, way to often, that Fedex lost it, which is not true, come to find out. They had a delivery date, time and signed by name. I have always had great dealings with Fedex and I feel bad that I said things that might make other hesitate to use thier service in the future.

After getting home and some phone calls, Fedex delivered our stuff to where it was supposed to go and 1 day sooner than they said it would be there. It's another party who looks like droped the ball and we're talking to them now to see if I can get my stuff back.

There have been alot of posts in the past about shipping - and I made comments out of turn at the show - I didn't have all the facts yet, and maybe still don't. I'll stand by Fedex and use them again in the furture, they did what they said they would do.

Fedex doesn't know that I was telling folks that they lost it. I just feel it's only right to try to set the record straight and undo any wrong as much as possible.

Regards,

Ray Jorgensen
[classiccustomwood.com]
ccw@classiccustomwood.com
602 Central Ave. E
Hampton, IA 50441
641-456-4599

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apology to Fedex
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 07:15PM

As stated by a true gentleman.Ray ,sorry I could not attend the show.I wanted to meet you personally.Tuesday of that week I drove 1600 miles,Friday had to plow snow and do the day job,and then plow snow again after the weekend.I just didnt want to push my luck and overdo anything.Looks as though I missed a great show.Hope to be there next year.

Fred Yarmolowicz (100,000th poster)

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 07:41PM

Ray - I'm glad to hear you're gonna get all that work back. I was so sickened when you told me. It was a real pleasure meeting you & Gabe, who had some sweet Salt & Pepper shakers - you got your work cut out to stay ne step ahead of him - you guys both do AMAZING work. And are both enjoyable to speak to.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 07:54PM

Well stated. An honest man!

Posted by: William Colby (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 08:00PM

I was hoping to see your full stuff at the show but what you had there convinced me that you are a fine craftsman. I hope you'll come back next year with more and have better luck on shipping. Either way you're a stand up guy in my opinion.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:05PM

Ray, you and your son Gabe are some real stand-up people!! I am so glad to have met you and spent such quality time with both of you. The best to both of you and your endeavors!!

Putter

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.sequimschools.wednet.edu)
Date: March 03, 2005 10:47AM

I'm still checking @#$%& Ray. If I find them can I keep one??????

Posted by: Ray Jorgensen (---.longlines.com)
Date: March 03, 2005 11:11AM

If you find them I'll make you a couple of them "your choice"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Ray Jorgensen
[classiccustomwood.com]
ccw@classiccustomwood.com
602 Central Ave. E
Hampton, IA 50441
641-456-4599

Posted by: David A. Fuller (---.region6.ang.af.mil)
Date: March 03, 2005 11:17AM

You're a good man, Ray. A man of ethics and good sense....

Good wrappin,
David A. Fuller
Great Basin Fishing Rods

Good Wrappin !
David A. Fuller,
Great Basin Fishing Rods
Full-Time RV'r Traveling- n- Fishing
www.mytripjournal.com/FullersBigAdventure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster