I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hello from Charlotte
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.sj4.marketscore.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:25AM

I couldn't sleep anymore and got up early to walk around; Mike Barkley is sleeping peacefully in the room. The show is better than I imagined; nice to put faces with the names for once. For those who missed this year's event, I'd sure recommend you start planning for next year's; it'll be worth it for you just to come and visit with the personalities that are here.

Sure nice to walk around in shirt sleeves again!! The weather is wonderful, thought I'd brought it with me when we flew into DC (Dulles) on Friday and it was snowing like crazy. My wife's sister's place had 6" of wet snow while we were there. Hopefully it's gone when I return Monday.

Just thought I'd take a minute and check out the board; talk to you all more when we get home on Wednesday!

Putter
Williston, ND

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from Charlotte
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.b.003.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:31AM

Take care mate talk to you when you get back, give the Beerman a nudge in the ribs for me will ya.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.ia2.marketscore.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:37AM

Just sent you an email; didn't want to go to the room to get your addy, so got it here on a search! Take care, mate, I'll shove him off the bed for ya...

Date: February 27, 2005 05:47AM

I've been on the alcohol all day, so I'm a bit wobbly drowning my sorrows thinking of you guys having so much fun. I've already started filling my money box for the next show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2005 05:58AM by Myles Boon.

Date: February 27, 2005 05:59AM

Forgot to ask how did the display go and were the pens a success.

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:08AM

Hi Randy!

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.201.179.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:12AM

hay Putter
Got your cameria? Get in some fishin since the weather is so nice

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 10:46AM

Hey Putter,I`m one of the ones that due to the weather and being on vaca and driving 3,000 miles the week before,(Snow committed me to plowing therefore I had had to catch up with the work missed on Friday and the backlog from vacation).I was hoping to meet the king of marbelizing and I even acquired some pearl pigment that I have added to top coats to add an interesting effect that I was going to give to you for your opinion.I have used these only on test pieces and the results are beautiful.I know that you will be able to better work with the pigment to get special effects and maybe offer some insight on its use for marbeling. If you would like send me an e-mail with your shipping address and I will send it out to you.Its probably good I didnt go because We a bracing for another hit of severe weather and a long day of work on Monday.If I went to the show I would have started the 10hr drive home late Sunday afternoon and went to the regular job tired and goofed off.But when on the road in severe weather one must be alert.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 12:29PM

Out there having fun in the sun and rubbing it in. While we sit here working our fingers to the bone. ENJOY wish I was there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster