I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

More Door Prizes
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2005 10:50AM

St. Croix just called and informed me that they're adding a half dozen of their new rod blanks to the list of door prizes at the RodMaker Reception.

Andy Dear called last night and said he was adding something else to his list of door prize offerings, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

So, we'll end up with probably 50 door prizes. Not everyone will win, but the odds are pretty good you'll get something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Door Prizes
Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 23, 2005 02:36PM

So how many you reckon will be at the rod builders reception? Are we going to be a little enclave in the midst of, as a friend of mine put it, a bunch of pretty boy fly fishermen. Don't get me wrong - I fly fish, wear bow ties and hold my wife's purse in public - but nobody has ever called me pretty.

Posted by: Lynn Huffman (24.199.174.---)
Date: February 23, 2005 03:32PM

If the crowd in the rodbuilding aisle last year is any indication, there will be plenty of rodbuilders in attendance, maybe 50-50. As a matter of fact, with free drinks and snakes, and all the good door prizes being given away, Tom ought to require everyone to wrap a trim band to get in the door of the reception(lol). Wouldn't want all those " pretty boy fly fisherman" running off with all our goodies.

Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 23, 2005 03:41PM

Or make everybody spine a rod to get in. Probably be like "crossed or uncrossed" with scissors to the folk who've never done it.

Posted by: Robert Duncan (---.vetmed.vt.edu)
Date: February 23, 2005 04:25PM

Wait a minute. This is the best show in the country because the two are combined. There are too many posts on this site to not believe that at least some of the rod builders are also fly fishermen. Rod building is great and enjoyable by itself, but why not also furl the leader and tie the fly. Cut fly fishers some slack, they might become a customer one day.

Posted by: Lynn Huffman (24.199.174.---)
Date: February 23, 2005 04:40PM

Just a little tongue-in-cheek, Robert. You're right, many of us, including Tom Kirkman, are fly fishermen.

Reception room
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2005 04:46PM

RodMaker Magazine has rented a separate room, upstairs away from the show floor. I have made provisions for 400 rod builders (I feel pretty sure that not all will stay over - if they do, we'll just have to make do). Most of the general fly and other fishermen won't even know about the Reception. The few that do and decide to come up are welcome to do so. I think 95% of the people you see in the room will be bonafide rod builders. At least, rod builders will be the vast majority there.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2005 04:58PM

"Some of my best friends are...."? Yes, I've been known to stand in a cool stream thigh deep in August too. There are quite a few streams nearby (20 minutes from my job) where I've been know to leave work a tad early just to sit on a rock and watch the deer come down around sunset.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2005 07:17PM

That many guys in the same room, let's all remember our BREATH MINTS!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster