I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Weather Forecast for Rod Show
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2005 06:09PM

This is the latest forecast for the Charlotte/Mecklenburg area by the National Weather Service:

Friday...Partly cloudy. Highs around 50. Lows around 30.

Friday Night...Partly cloudy. Highs around 50. Lows around 30.

Saturday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Lows around 30.

Sunday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Lows around 30.

Sunday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s.

Monday...Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 50.

So, things look unseasonably warm and pleasant for this weekend. No snow, no ice, no bad weather in the forecast.

We had a nice write up in the Charlotte Observer this weekend, which will hopefully pull out a few more (maybe hundreds) of general interest fishermen from the local area. I've gotten calls and emails from people all across the U.S., Canada, Europe, etc., who are planning to attend. I know that some people have a hard time comprehending what a big deal this event is, as other than the same event last year, no one has ever staged such a large, varied and complete rod building event as the National Rod Builders Show. Suffice to say that this is the only time each year when so much rod building product, so many rod builders, and so much rod building knowledge is assembled in one place and under one roof. There is nothing else even remotely like it. If you can make it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And if you can't, we'll see you next year (plans are already under way for the 2006 event).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weather Forecast for Rod Show
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 06:14PM

"So, things look unseasonably warm and pleasant for this weekend. No snow, no ice, no bad weather in the forecast. "

Well, we now know who to blame when it snows. Come on, you gotta know what a jinx this is. I'm looking foward to some "Warm" weather. Warm in quotes, as my Austrailian friend is sufferein gthrough 100 degree temps right now, and is going to freeze his buns off. I'm sure he'sd appreciatea few scarfs & mittens to keep his extremities nice and toasty while he's here in teh US. lol.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 06:19PM

ND forecast: Dark tonight, light tomorrow. If the weather doesn't change, it'll be just like this tomorrow, too.

Date: February 22, 2005 06:22PM

WOW, North Dakota sounds as exciting as I thought it would be. lol.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 06:44PM

I'm missing NOTHING ... Maryland weekend

Friday Feb 25

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy High
41°F
Low
25°F
Precip: 20%
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday 26

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy High
41°F
Low
25°F
Precip: 20%
details details
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Sunday 27

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy High
46°F
Low
32°F
Precip: 0%
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid
40s and lows in the low 30s.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 07:52PM

50's sounds great!!! Booked a room for a couple of nights at the westin last week but the airfare from Boston to Charlotte is running between $450 and $ 1200. Should've committed to this months ago, maybe next year.

Any one need a room for $89/night , fri and sat, before I cancel the reservation?

Posted by: Jeff Bullard (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 08:59PM

Michael..my friend... Do the words "road trip" mean nothing to you? :) Seriously, Boston is (guessing) 6-7 hr trip? All Interstate, if they aren't torn up for "improvements". I'm sure you could do it for way less than $450.00. I've done the Raleigh to Boston roadie, Charlotte adds about 3.5 hrs, I think.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

- Jeff

Date: February 22, 2005 09:06PM

Yeah, driving isn't that big of a deal, just hop in teh truck and scoot on South.

Posted by: William Colby (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 09:07PM

Charlotte is only about 2 hours and 15 minutes down the 40/85 corridor from Raleigh.

Posted by: William Colby (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 09:22PM

Whoa! Snow for Charlotte Thursday! But clearing and much warmer on Friday and Saturday. I think the gods are smiling on the National Rod Building Show!

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 09:25PM

Bill (Colby) ... stand along side the roadway Raleigh / Durham & I'll wave on the way past on Friday morning. -- unless I stop off to fish one of those lakes I passed last year.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2005 09:54PM

No snow is forecast for Charlotte on Thursday. They'll likely just get some rain - the snow will be up my way. But it's not expected to amount to much of anything. Two inches, maybe. Not a big deal.

Mostly sunny and warm in Charlotte Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think we're pretty much in the clear weatherwise for this year's show.

Date: February 22, 2005 11:40PM

"Two inches, maybe. Not a big deal. " - you're a BRAVE man. Iol - no blizzards

Posted by: Martin E. Morris (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 23, 2005 01:10AM

Blizzards, don't talk to me about B*******Y blizzards, a solitary flake fell over on the east coast(U.K.) and the whole country comes to a stand still. We can't handle it like you guys over there,LOL.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 23, 2005 06:01PM

Jeff...I've never done Richmond in less than 10 hrs.....Mapquest shows me 830 miles and 13.5 hours. Maybe work all day friday....caffiene injection IV (slow drip) drive as far as I can, and finish the trip in the am. Flipside is the full 13.5 hour drive on sunday....thats alot of driving!!! (My complulsive behavior is considering this....)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster