I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Doc Ski's weaving video
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 21, 2005 02:44AM

With all the renewed interest in weaving that seems to be happening lately, I had to get myself Doc's video and see how its done by one of the masters. I was amazed at how Doc's video has been made simple yet at a very high quality taking you step by step through both a silhouette and a colour change weave. If anyone is considering having a try at weaving you must get Doc's video as no matter how many books or articles you read actually watching how it is done is makes all those books etc make sense. Also Doc has a large number of weave left list available for sale, I just can't wait till my catalogue arrives from the States. Thanks Doc you have made it all make sense, and as I'm relatively new to rod building I recommend this video to any newbie who wants to take the next step in rod building.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doc Ski's weaving video
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:10AM

We mention Doc's weaving video alot but he also has another video that would be helpful to someone starting this craft. I had been building rods a long time before I bought the Custom Rod video and I learned something from viewing it.
Cheers, Ellis

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:58AM

Ellis thats the next on the list.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 10:36AM

For what it is worth, we have been told by the producer / printer of the video, that Doc Ski's video will no longer be available in video format, just DVD format for the future.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:03AM

Good morning folks. Thanks for the wonderful words. Unfortunately I dont make much money on them at all. When I decided to do them I didnt have the resources so Mike Fowlkes(producer) foot the bill. Bout 10K each but khe did a wonderful job. Both have some minor issues but for the most part I think I helped people get going in a wonderful craft. That was my intention and your kudos are my payday. I hope they are going to be produced in DVD but havent been able to get Mike Fowlkes as he is on a shoot for another fishing Video. He has some real great fishing adventures in some pretty remote areas and with the same atten to detail as he did on these. Thanks it make me feel like I have done something to return to my craft. It makes me even more happy when I see the work of some of you that I have helped if even in a small way. Almost makes me cry(must be all the rain we are getting) Hope everyone one the forum has a great day.

Posted by: Nathan Brock (---.mkethn01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:18AM

I plan on geting a copy of it on DVD as soon as I hear it is available. All I need is a loom and I should be good to go.

Nathan

Posted by: Dan Almendarez (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 01:43PM

Just getting into rodbuilding and I was lucky enough to get Doc's video early in my short career. It's helped a ton and I would recommend it to anyone who builds or is thinking of building rods. Thanks a bunch, Doc!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster