I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dan Craft SigV 9'0" 5wt HELP!
Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2005 10:10AM

Hey all. Funny question/request here...

I ordered a 905-3 from Dan, received it a few days ago, but didn't check the fit of the ferrules when I got it. Last night I took it out of the package and there's a nasty knock in the top ferrule. Loose-fitting midsection. Figured this out by swapping pieces with my other SigV 905-3 (different finish color, same rod). Normally I would just send it back for replacement...but...

Of course, my customer wants it by next week, it figures that THIS WEEK is the week that Dan is gone on a fishing trip...

So, I guess my request is...does anyone out there have an extra SigV 905-3 matte gray midsection? I have no problem paying for the section and shipping. Or maybe even for an entire blank if the price is right.

HELP!
:)

My email is scott_kinney@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Craft SigV 9'0" 5wt HELP!
Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.)
Date: February 16, 2005 11:19AM

Hey Scott,
I've got one I can send you, best if I just send you the whole blank and you can send the one you have back to Dan when he returns and I'll settle with him. E-mail me your shipping address and I'll get it out in the next hour or so.

Dennis Papike
pappy@cal-westcustomrods.com

Date: February 16, 2005 12:02PM

Dennis, you have email!

Thanks to the people who emailed me, to Tom for hosting a board where I could find this and figure it out in less than two hours, and of course thanks to Dennis for your help!

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2005 12:03PM

Dennis, I think that you are a class act.

Date: February 16, 2005 12:03PM

Scott,
Tried to e-mali you but I just get a message that it's not a valid e-mail address.

Date: February 16, 2005 12:58PM

You got the address and all now, right?
Thanks again!

Emory said it right up there...!

Date: February 16, 2005 02:05PM

It's on its way.

Date: February 16, 2005 02:10PM

Damn Emory!!! I keep telling my wife that but she just won't believe it., I need to have her read your post.

Date: February 16, 2005 02:13PM

She should believe you. It appears to be true!

Posted by: Richard Carlson (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2005 04:02PM

Dennis, Could her disbelief have anything to do with some of the company you keep?? But I still think you are a class act. Have fun this weekend, wish I was going to be there.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 16, 2005 04:33PM

Scott, Check the e-mail address that is in your profile. It has spaces in it which makes it get rejected as invalid. E--mail addresses never have spaces in them

Mike

Date: February 16, 2005 06:08PM

I don't think I have a profile. I input my email every time I post.

My email has an underscore in it-- scott_kinney@yahoo.com...sometimes that tricks people.

Date: February 17, 2005 12:41AM

Hey Richard,too bad you can't make it, gonna be a lot of fun. If you can make the one at my place in April we still have room for five more builders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster