I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AllStar Rods
Posted by: Mark Gordon (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: February 13, 2005 08:13PM

In a previous post several folks mentioned Allstar rod blanks. I used to be able to easily find them. Even the link to the left is dead. I recently read that they had been sold to Shakespeare - back in June? Can anyone tell me what transpired and where / if I can still find Allstar Blanks? Also -- Allstar used to produce blanks for Batson Enterprises -- but that ceased after Batson Enterprises started up Cascade composites (which was recently closed). Allstar then was producing blanks for American -- some similar to the old Rainshadow blanks - particularly the saltwater series. Does anyone know if Allstar is producing blanks for American -- if not who is? The specs on the American blanks are still very similiar to the Rainshadow blanks I hear still produced on the original mandrels. I assume the same mandrels Allstar used to produce the old Rainshadows.

Hopefully I am not offending anyone -- not my intent --- I am just a bit confused with all the transition in the blank market in the past few months.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AllStar Rods
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2005 08:28PM

Andy Dear, Lamar Reel seats has some ... and per previous post more will likely be avaialble in Charlotte - finding the one you want (length, power, taper) will probably be the problem. Not sure if you'll ever get answers to your other questions.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: February 13, 2005 08:50PM

Have been told that All Star will continue to make rods for other companies but will not offer them for sale for custom builders. So companies like AMTAK can still get their models. All Star isn't stopping the production of blanks, just their rod blanks to custom builder program.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.dsl.snantx.swbell.net)
Date: February 13, 2005 09:30PM

Hey guys,

[www.lamarreelseats.com]

Andy Dear
Lamar

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2005 09:47PM

Mark,
I do not know the answer to your questions but I use a lot of Rainshadow blanks and had been very pleased with them in the past. Just as you apparently are I was very concerned by the shut down of Cascade Composits and all of the changes. But I have received a number of the new Rainshadow blanks that are from China and I am very pleased with them. In fact, in the case of one of the blanks, an IST1024, I had one of the older ones to compare the new one to and frankly I could not tell the difference.

Posted by: Mark Gordon (12.38.201.---)
Date: February 14, 2005 09:49AM

Thanks All. I am a big fan of Rainshadow and after speaking with Bill Batson some weeks ago I am convinced the quality of the rods are as good if not better than when produced at Cascade Composites. Price/performance the blanks (in my opinion) cannot be beat. I also received the new catalogs and price lists and am impressed. My only concern -- and the reason for asking the questions about Allstar and American is that it seems I am running out of alternatives. There are times I do go to other blanks to solve a particular problem or need. There appears to be a lot of transition in the industry which adds, at least for me, a significant amount of confusion and I am now finding that I am starting all over learning the various lines and manufacturers available to me and other builders. I don't know if this is at all happening as a possible result diminishing returns and profits in the industry, something Tom had touched on in some articles he had written recently, or something else - but -- there does appear to be a flood of changes.

Thanks
Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster