I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

St Croix 6'8" blanks
Posted by: Dave Kysar (---.122.78.64.susc.suscom.net)
Date: February 11, 2005 12:26PM

St Croix used to carry a blank 5S68MXF. I am looking for something similiar in the 6'8" to 6'9" range for spinning jig/drop shot smallmouth fishing. A 6.5' rod is too small and a 7' to big. Can anyone point me to a blank manufacturer who carries this size?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St Croix 6'8" blanks
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 11, 2005 12:35PM

I don't know of a 6'8" blank, but the 7'0" could be cut down to 6'8" if you can't find one. It won't change things very much just cutting 4" off the butt end; just a tad faster action...

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2005 12:52PM

Actually cutting 4" off the butt of a blank will result in it having a little slower action, lower action angle.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.365u.will.k12.il.us)
Date: February 11, 2005 01:24PM

Dave,
I wouldnt worry. Considering it is a bass blank and it is an XF, I dont think you will notice a difference in action by cutting four inches off. I am sure someone will chime in that techniqly there is a difference. But you are using a bass blank that definately does not have a parabolic action, so cut away. When its done you will still have an XF rod.

Scott Sheets

Posted by: Anonymous User (64.53.115.---)
Date: February 11, 2005 01:32PM

St. Croix has the 5C68MXF, the 4C68MXF and the 3C68MXF blanks, all which are 6'-8" with an extra fast tip. The two blanks they are labeled as drop-shot blanks are the 4C69MLXF and 3C69MLXF, which are 6'-9" with a med-light, extra fast tip. We carry a broad selection of St. Croix blanks on hand at all times and would be glad to help assist you with your project.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Bill Pulk-Midwest rod and reel (64.122.91.---)
Date: February 12, 2005 05:46AM

Batson has a new blank ISB822.5 6'8" ML/XF...should have in stock soon...talk to them this last week...I have 4 of them on order

Bill@midwestrodandreel.com
www.midwestrodandreel.com

Posted by: Dave Kysar (---.122.78.64.susc.suscom.net)
Date: February 12, 2005 10:53AM

Anyone have experience with the cascade XSB813 RX8? Would this be a good drop-shot/jig rod? Mudhole doesn't list the lure weight range for this rod. I am sure St. Croix has discontinued their 6'9" drop shot blank.

Posted by: Chuck Ungs (---.dsl.iowatelecom.net)
Date: February 13, 2005 03:33PM

The 6'9" is listed on the website and in the new catalog as the Bass Tounament series in SCIV graphite... again 4C69MLXF for the blank. The 6'8" is listed as a finished rod in both the casting and spinning versions of the new Legend Elites so should be still available as a blank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2005 03:37PM by Chuck Ungs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster