I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo Board - Charlotte Builders Booth
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 09:53PM

The opening act for the builders booth will be warming up the crowd with a session demonstrating unique tools for placing narrow trim band using the nail knot procedure.

The pictures on the Photo Board highlight the Whizmo Gizmo Folding Rod Hand Operated Lathe as well as hand tools used to quickly place narrow metallic trim bands and cut the tag ends cleanly. This wrapping device and all of the tools will be in my suitcase. I hope the Federal Inspectors at the airport do not ask me to detail the use of all the sharp thingamajigs!

Visit the booth and USE some of the tools pictured to tie bands and cut tags. Most of the tools pictured will be presented to the builders who step up and test the items available. Valuable stainless steel nippers, LSU Purple/Gold dowells with pull through holes, packing shovels and and popsicle sticks will be available for testing. The builders who walk away with the nippers, dowells and packers will be happy campers! I will be happy to see the Georgia and Auburn fans walk away with a popsicle stick!

Note:

Medication will be available to calm the nerves of the Marbleizers until they take center stage.

See you in Charlotte.

Bill Stevens - Gon Fishn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2005 10:06PM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo Board - Charlotte Builders Booth
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 10:47PM

Bill,

If you can teach me an easy way (actually, any way) to do a one or2 band tag wrap, I will overlook all of your anti-marble rhetoric(after seeing your marble pix, I can understand though LOL!!)

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 04, 2005 11:09PM

Bill, you might need to FedEx that stuff to Charlotte. A couple of those tools look dangerous to fly with.

Larry

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.rr.com)
Date: February 05, 2005 12:04AM

I think Bill has hired a smuggler to carry all of those dangerous and expensive tools to Charlotte. It sure would be a shameful sight to see Bill trying to carry those tools on the plane and then carted off in shackles and a strait jacket with him hollerin' at the men in white coats not to lose his purple and gold tools and his milk crate slash rod wrapper .

See you before Charlotte'

Lance

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: February 05, 2005 01:58PM

After Ron Walter got some rodbuilding items confiscated in Nashville by airport security a few weekends ago, it is something to be considered...

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 05, 2005 08:29PM

They would not let my wife through security (in Charlotte) with finger nail clippers in her purse. I advise you to check any sharp objects. They will take it if it is checked. Just don't try to carry it on the plane with you. (as carry on) You don't want to land in the Mecklenberg County "slammer". Or an other "slammer" for that matter.

Ed

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 06, 2005 09:13AM

Bill is free to ship the items to me and I'll bring them down personally. Anyone else have a problem with such items just get in contact with me. I'm already bringing all the St. Croix and U-40 stuff, so it's not a problem to add a handful of small items like this to the load.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster