I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERDs Massachussettes Thread Art Class
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 04, 2005 07:57AM

This will be the final event for the club known as the NERDs - at many people's request, the name will be changed this weekend to something else. So far teh leading candidate is NERBs - North East Rod Builders. Any ideas?

This is the third Thread Art/Butt Wrapping class in the past month, the NY class consisted of 2 classes with 3 attendees at each - thre as a limit on these though, I had a lot more requests but I just don't have teh time in my schedule, but I wlill do another one beore the Spring. The MAssachusettes class will have 17 attendees, tehre will be 2 presenters, myself and Rapt Tite - 2 lathes, a beginners class goign on similtaneously with an advanced class. Guys are bringing an assortment of food, desert, snacks & drinks, and I'm expecting to have a great time learning and sharing.

The NERBs are more than just a Rod Building club (which is free to "join) - there are 3 fishing charters set up - one for Fluke limited to 25, one for Tuna - 6 pack - based on the response I will have to set up at least one more of these trips, and one for Blackfish in October for 22 guys.

If you missed it, this is a FREE club, e-mail me and let me know you are interested, and I will add your name to a list and when something gets planned I will send out a bulk e-mail to everyone letting them know what's been going on, and what is planned. If something interested you, you just let me know and you're in, if not, no big eal - nothing is required of you. I do ask if yu have ideas to let me know what they are and we'll try and work them into the plans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERDs Massachussettes Thread Art Class
Posted by: Jackie Pratt (---.townisp.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 01:27PM

I'm in Mass and I'm totally interested in these classes. When and where are they?

~Jackie

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 01:43PM

Do I hear 17 - 18 builders? Jackie...you've got mail.

Posted by: John Dow (---.235.252.64.snet.net)
Date: February 04, 2005 02:07PM

Mike check your mail................ JH

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 06, 2005 12:04AM

Hi Bill my Name is Dan and I'm new to rod building. I would love to join NERB's. How do I do this. I live in Syosset NY, thats in Nassau county on Long Island. As this is the heart of striper country right now I'm mainly interested in building the ULTIMATE STRIPER SURF RODS. Knowing myself I'll probably eventually end up building all of my own rods. Haven't built one yet but I do have some old broken rods to practice on before I mess up a top end surf blank. I have no idea where to start and would love to join a club that'll help me get started. If you could please send me the information about joining.

My personal email address is: martekdan@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Thank you very much! DAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2005 12:07AM by Dan Martek.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster