I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anglers Workshop!
Posted by: Dave Jacobsen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 02, 2005 01:14PM

Just wanted to tell of a great experience I had dealing with Anglers Workshop. I received a last minute order to build a surf rod for a customer who needed it asap. (don't they all,lol) I checked out most of the sponsors, and there were 2 who seemed to carry everything I needed. I called Anglers Workshop to see if I could fax in a list for them to check availablility, as I couldn't chance anything going on backorder.
Positive #1:The fellow who answered the phone insisted I read off all the items to him so that he could check stock for me right then, instead of faxing it in and then waiting for a response.
Positive#2: They had everything (except 1 decal) in stock.
Positive #3: I placed the order just before closing on Friday (5pm). I RECEIVED the order MONDAY am, exactly as placed, and without paying for any special shipping.
These guys are GOOD!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anglers Workshop!
Posted by: Steve Pierson (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 06:04AM

I have always received great service from Angler's Workshop, as well. More than I can say for some other suppliers.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 07:11AM

You may pay a little more from AW, but at least for me it's worth it just to not go through the hassle of this routine - we cannot tell you what is backordered, we'll call to tell you. You get a call saying that 1/4 of your order is backordered, and that they already shipping the first part - now you're stuck. Either you have to wait, then possible (probably) pay shipping on teh backordered items, or order from someowhere else and paymore for shipping - in any event you end up paying more in teh long run, plus the stress of the ordeal.
I'm glad to say I've only had this happen a couple of times, so it took a while for me to learn my lesson.

Posted by: Brent Schneider (---.atgi.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 06:52PM

I also have always had very good service w/ Anglers Workshop. The last order I placed my blank was on back order. It came in the next day and I got it 1 day after the rest of my stuff. If anything was ever sent out wrong or broken/bent whatever, Rick had done a great job of helping me out.

Brent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster