I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Multi color weaving
Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 12:08PM

Hi again to everybody!

I've trying to get info on how to make these beautiful multicolor weavings. I've made my firsts two colors ones based on Clemen's book.

I've made several "search" in hte phorum and I've got two ideas:

- buying Doc Ski's video: US VHS system doesn't work in Spain and there is no DVD version available.
- Reading Rod Makers Magazine: I subscribed this month and ordered 10 older issues, but they will not arrive till mid March, with next issue. I'll order 10 more back issues later.

So, is there any other available source that can at least begoin to deal with?.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multi color weaving
Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: February 01, 2005 01:21PM

Daniel; Maybe I can help you. First of all is it multi color or color change weaving that you want to do? Multi color is a single layer of thread just like a silhouette but in bands of different color. Color change on the other hand stacks different colors one on top of the other. They are put on the rod in the same fashion as the silhouette but in layers so that thread number ten red (for example) is directly over thread ten green. The weaving process is the same as with a silhouette except that you pick up the desired color and exchange it with the color already taken to the left if one is there.

I would recommend that you start with no more than three different colors with a rather simple design so you can get the hang of it. And by all means make or buy a weaving jig of some type. Send me E-Mail and I'll send you a drawing for making one if you like.

Jim Upton

Posted by: Jackie Pratt (---.townisp.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 01:54PM

Can you send me a drawing too? Jackie_Pratt@hotmail.com

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 04:15PM

Daniel,
Jim Upton has been a lot of help to me in making patterns. I have been saving my pesetas to buy one of his looms. I don't have that much time now to do much weaving but in September I will be "jubilado" and plan to spend a lot of time making and weaving patterns. Send me a picture of something you would like to weave and I will try to make a pattern for you with instructions on how to weave it. I don't make patterns for everybody, just for a good friend and for myself. I know it must be frustrating wanting do things in La Madre Espana and not being able to do it so feel free to ask me for help. If you decide that you are going to be a rodbuilder for the long haul, then I would suggest that you purchase the loom that Jim developed.
Cheers, Ellis (Eliseo) Mendiola

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 05:07PM

Jim

I'm going to watch you doing this to learn how to do it at Charlotte!

Putter

Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 06:40PM

Hi, Jim

I mean color change weaving. I've already sent you an e-mail. Wish you'll let me pass all anti-spam filters!!. your's it's however a good system to avoid this bothering problem.

I've also replied to your e-mail, Eliseo. Nice drawing, your bass!!.

Waiting forward to hearing from you, all!!

Date: February 01, 2005 07:01PM

Daniel; My E-Mail to you came back as undeliverable. I will try again.

jim

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 07:18PM

Jim, you gonna bang out a weave in Charlotte? Id like to stand over you and ask 200 questions while your doing it. Then half way through I'll spill my drink on your left list, lol.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 08:49PM

Billy,
Be sure it is a good vintage cabernet, something that will stain well. Jim has so many friends.
Cheers, Ellis

Date: February 01, 2005 09:53PM

Billy; You never want to upset the cook before dinner.

Jim

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 10:16PM

Who is gonna write the left list for the Putter Marble??????

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 11:48PM

Heck, Bill, it was your marble job Billy said looked like a spot on your airline rug, you write it!! LOL!!

Putter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2005 11:51PM by Randy Parpart (Putter).

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2005 07:47PM

Sure, drag me into this fracas, lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster