I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dan Craft online catalog?
Posted by: Mark Ekstrand (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 09:38AM

Does anyone happen to know which version of Microsoft Word was used to create the Dan Craft online
catalog?

The file name is catalog1.exe and is not viewable with my Word 98 program.
Most, if not all other online fishing catalogs I can view just fine using the web browser (.htm or .html file) or Acrobat Reader (.pdf file), so this file has me puzzled.

I'm asking this here because it's been taking Dan 2-3 weeks to answer email requests and I figure he's just really busy making rods. I'd love to buy a blank from him.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Craft online catalog?
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 09:44AM

All you have to do is download the catalog and double-click on it. The ".exe" means that it's an executable file, not a document.

Posted by: Patrick Vernacchio (---.telalaska.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 10:08AM

The catalogue is a self-executable application. Just save it to your system and double-click on the file. It will open up automatically.

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.213.224.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 11:09AM

just an aside... exe files or self-running programs like dan craft's catalog, created on a pc type of computer, especially using something like microsoft's programs for windows, generally will not work on a macintosh computer. i use macintosh computers. oh well. i ordered the hard copy version.

(just in case there's someone out there who is trying to get it to work on their new mac and is encountering problems)

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Ray Vinzant (---.gci.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 11:12AM

I'm suspecting that Dan is not getting your emails. I just set up an order for a FRSV896 w/ him by email last night, and his responses were super quick. Try giving him a call, he's a really nice guy. I just double-click the catalogue and it opens.

Can't say enough about the blanks either.

Ray

Posted by: Mark Ekstrand (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 11:57AM

yes, I have a Mac...
I requested the hard copy catalog before XMas and still haven't received it.
Each time I emailed him, it took either 2 weeks for a simple reply or did not get an answer.
He must be experiencing growing pains with his business.
Oh well.

Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 02:44PM

Hi all!

I have been getting your requests for catalogs and have tried to address all of them but I have missed a few I guess. The reason the catalogs have not come out to you is that I have had to wait for some of my distributers to get their new for 2005 catalog out so I could update my catalog for 2005 and in turn get it out. I hope to be done soon and will mail you all catalogs at that time. Sorry for the wait.

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster