I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast New Website
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 12:11PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast is proud to annouce that our new Wesite ( www.batsonenterprises.com) is up and running. This new website has all of our new Blanks & Components. Please feel free to browse and then contact us with your opinions. We will take all the input you the Rodbuiler have and consider it as we update this site. We are blessed to have an on site employee ( Team member) that takes care of this site. We will be updating this site periodically with new items and features to support the Rodbuilding community.
If you have not received our new 38 pg color Blank catalog and also our 80 pg color Component catalog and would like one please feel free to contact us for your FREE copy. If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact us or one of our many distributors.
We would like to Thank you all for your support of our programs. We are here to support the industry for generations to come. It's all about the " Art of Rodbuilding" and " The Vision Continues" .
Bill Batson & All Batson TEAM members.
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/ Forecast
877-875-2381 = Toll free #
www.batsonenterprises.com = Website
wbatson@olypen.com = Direct E-mail
batson@olypen.com = General E-Mail

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast New Website
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:47PM

I just visited the new site and am glad to see all the blanks I typically use are included in the listing. I build mostly for customers who fish for bass, trout and redfish in the Louisiana Marsh. My customer base has developed a pretty sturdy brand loyalty to the Rainshadows. I noticed that your blank listing presents a joint Rainshadow/Forecast lable. Is there a distinction between the two lables, as has been in the past?

Thanks for the matte clear - LSU Purple and Gold on a Green Blanks don't sell too good!!!!!

Bill Stevens
Gon Fishn

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 02:30PM

Bill,

One thing that I would really like to see you do on the Batson site is to list the dealers by name in addition to location. I would assume that the vast majority of your products are sold via mail order, internet, etc. The way that it is now, you have to click on a location on a map in order to see a list of dealers in that area. If you're like many of us, the location is immaterial. It would be much more covenient to list all of the dealer (maybe separate them by state) and eliminate having to click on all the map locations to find them. When I look for a dealer, I have no idea what state has Batson dealers in it, so I have to individually click on each state if I want to know who sells your products
Other than that, Great site and great products!!!!!!

Mike

Date: January 26, 2005 03:08PM

Yes there is a difference. Materials & colors. Rainshadows are the RX8 & RX7 materials, Forecast are the RX6 material. On our website and in our catalogs you will see and read the differences. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.
Thank you
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
wbatson@ olypen.com
877-875-2381

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 03:10PM

I noticed a big mistake on the website...

you don't have any dealers in MD/DC/VA area :)

the dearth of supplies in the nation's capital continues...

Date: January 26, 2005 03:12PM

The map is the best way as of right now. You can see what states we have dealers in as there is a DOT in the state which we have dealers. I would consider thinking about something different. We do supply a list of Mega - Distributors with our catalog packets.
Thank you for your input.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast

Posted by: Kevin Smith (---.va.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 04:05PM

Scott,

There is a company in Richmond, Va called FishSticks4u.com. They offer a complete line of Batson products (components & blanks).

I know that Robert would be glad to help you any way he can. He is at 804-746-9711. Or you can e-mail him at Fishsticks4u@comcast.net.

Posted by: Rob Grider (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 06:59PM

Bill, am I right that you no longer will have a two piece RX8 fly rod blanks available? If not, are there several dealers sitting on some 7'9" 3 wts and 8'6" 4 wts. hint hint Thanks, nice improvent on the site

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.r8.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 07:05PM

Rob -- I have the RX8 Excel models you have asked about.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Ted Morgan (213.55.68.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 07:38AM

I like the improvements, and the new lines of blanks are even MORE appealing to a budget minded "builder" like me. The components have me hooked. Forecast travel blanks, YES!!!!!!

Posted by: Steve Hurley (155.94.62.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 10:20PM

Scott,
I know FishSticks4U.com does good quality work and has a full line
of Batson products.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster