I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Wrapping design book
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dioceseaj.org)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:34AM

Is there a book out there that illustrates different design patterns for rod wrapping? I'm wondering because I'm a little lost in this area and not good at matching colors. I guess I'm talking about trim wraps and other decorative wraps. Thanks, Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wrapping design book
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:47AM

Clemens Custom Threas art available from most of the sponsors as well as Visual Wrap (my next purchase), a great software program with patterns, layout claculations, wrap design feature, etc. Check out their site to the left

Mike

Posted by: Jeff Newby (199.34.4.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 11:33AM

My daughter bought me that book for Christmas (Custom Thread Art by Clemens) an excellent book with easy to follow instructions on a variety of simple to complex patterns. A definite must have!

Jeff
Lets Go Mets!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dioceseaj.org)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:04PM

Jeff, you must mean "Let's Go Bucs."

Posted by: Jeff Newby (199.34.4.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:22PM

Sorry Bruce been a Mets fan for 25 years, my latest rod has Blue/Orange guide wraps and the butt wrap is an optical chevron in orange/blue/black. Just finishing up the 2nd coat & waiting for spring so I can use it.

Jeff
Lets Go Mets!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster