I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks To All
Posted by: Debra Bunache (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 24, 2005 07:13PM

Just wanted to say a thank you to everyone who participates on this site and for all the wonderful information in the different pages here. My 11 year old son likes to fish and has been asking about building a fishing rod for the past year. I had found some local rod building classes but they ended up being too expensive if I was to join him in the class. Being a single mom this is something I wanted us to do together but it was just too expensive. I found out about the rod building club and conclav but it was also too expensive to have to join before anyone would help you.

I had decided that we would just have to wait but then my son found this site and we started looking it over and found so much info we went ahead and gave it a try. I could not believe that we were not required to buy anything to access your help and information. In particular I want to say that we found the faqs page very helpful as well as several of the articles in your website library. This weekend we will put finish on our fishing rods and hopefully use them in a couple months when the weather warms. They both came out very well for our first attempt.

We could not have done it without this site and those of you who so kindly share your knowledge. In this day and age it is rare to find a place where you are not charged for help and information. So I wanted to thank all of you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2005 07:59PM by Moderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks To All
Posted by: Shawn Moore (62.132.1.---)
Date: January 24, 2005 07:50PM

Actually there are several rod building sites where you can participate and reap info for free. But none have all the other helpful features that this site has. No argument there. I don't know where you're from but if you can make it to the National rod show next month in Charlotte NC you and your son would probably have a blast. Only $12 for more rod building information and sharing than anywhere else. If your son is really into fishing and rod building then I don't think you could do anything he'd enjoy more than taking him to this show.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2005 08:08PM

Debra,
I am sure that if you are near any decent sized city you can find rod builders that will be happy to help you and your son with your rod building projects. They will also probably help you in getting good buys on your rod building components. For the most part rod builders are a very helpful and generous bunch particularly when it comes to youngsters that want to learn the craft.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt3.ij.net)
Date: January 24, 2005 08:30PM

You might wish to click on the directory button on the top of the page. There is a very good chance you will find someone close to you that would mentor your son.

Tom

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: January 24, 2005 08:47PM

Or just generally tell us where you live, not everybody is listed in the directory.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ourhostingserver.com)
Date: January 24, 2005 09:08PM

Debra, check your E-mail, I have something I want to send you.

Posted by: john petrovsky (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 24, 2005 11:58PM

Debra, mud hole has some nice pratice blanks for only 4.95$, if you have any problem getting them just email me.

Posted by: Neil Toland (---.dsl.louisacomm.net)
Date: January 25, 2005 06:01PM

Debra, you're right. I almost feel guilty sometimes for all the information I get off this site. I really don't have anything to contribute - yet anyway. I just hope Tom Kirkman, as well as all the frequent posters know how much they're appreciated by all the newbies like me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster