I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

drying motor
Posted by: Rick Keith (---.227.230.178.col.mi.chartermi.net)
Date: January 23, 2005 12:14AM

Where can you buy these motors at and what would be good to turn my dryer,i have the pipe and wooden disks that spin and i dont no what to use for this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: drying motor
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 23, 2005 12:23AM

I think Tom would get mad if I said where I got my motor, try Mudhole or abunch of the sponsors at the left. Pipe and wooden disks? I'm totally lost. I dont even know what to ask to get us on the same page. Are we related, somehow? Normally, only I can confuse me. LOL Respectfully, and wanting to know about the pipe and disks, Levi

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 23, 2005 12:29AM

Pipe and Disks???????????????/ Can you explain a little more? I can't figure out what you have

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2005 12:30AM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: R. Patrick Vernacchio (---.telalaska.com)
Date: January 23, 2005 12:46AM

Rick, I think I understand what you are trying to do. However, if you are just looking to build a small single rod drying setup, you should probably put the pipe and wooden disks away for another project. Unless I am mistaken, you have described a rod drying setup to dry a large number of rods at once. A number of sponsors sell a pretty good rod drying setup made by Pac Bay. One of the site sponsors, Donart, is selling the same rod dryer I use for $59.00 plus s/h. copy the link I posted to view the product.

[www.donartrods.com]

Any number of sponsors also sell inexpensive rod dryers. Cabela's also sells an inexpensive rod/dryer setup that is pretty basic, but get the job done.

Unless you have the different parts on hand already, I would say you time is more valuable and buying a rod dryer already made is far cheaper and painless.

If you were looking to build a multiple rod dryer, you should probabaly look for a motor/pulley/belt driven system sold by a local business, Those motors are heavy and expensive to ship.
I have bought parts from [www.electricmotorwarehouse.com]

Patrick Vernacchio

Date: January 23, 2005 12:47AM

dryer with a 1 inch pipe and 2 wooden disks that have clothespins to hold the rod in place,then holds 8 rods

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 23, 2005 09:00AM

Try www.alleletronics.com - I don't know if you can get one eight rods. You can get one that will do one rod for about $2.50 each. They have several different types of motors.

Ed

Posted by: Jeff Shafer (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 23, 2005 11:07AM

As Ed pointed out there are electronics discounters that sell inexpensive electric motors, however, the shipping and handling charges are often out of sight. I looked at two small motors priced at ~$3.50 each, and the S&H was over $11. So your per motor cost is way above the motor price.

Jeff

Date: January 23, 2005 03:36PM

The dryer im talking about or discribing is the one that tom has,

Posted by: Gary George (---.nexicom.net)
Date: January 23, 2005 06:20PM

For a single rod at a time try using a clock motor. Those very common clocks you see in all the schools and other similar institutions have a motor that is more than able to turn the float rods (relatively heavy and long rods) I have built. The second hand turns at 1 rpm which is quite a nice speed for applying finish as well as avoiding sagging while epoxy is setting up.

Posted by: bill mathis (208.33.107.---)
Date: January 23, 2005 09:34PM

i got mine from an ociliating heater that didn,t work anymore.4.8 rpm home deot, lowes and other stores get these brougt back all the time. just open them up get the motor and use tho cord. woks great and free

Posted by: capt. ray brown (---.152.117.119.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: January 24, 2005 11:04AM

look at fish sticks4u.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster