I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Five Rivers FT 10'0" 3 & 4wts!
Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 06:01PM

We have added to our FT blank line and now have, in addition to our 5,6,7,8 and 10wt 10'0" models, we have, in stock Five Rivers FT 10'0" 4pc 3wts and 4wts! These are great blanks for deep wading, high sticking or just when that long light rod is needed.
Please e-mail or call 541-782-4404 for pricing.

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Five Rivers FT 10'0" 3 & 4wts!
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.48.222.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: January 21, 2005 09:13AM

For those interested, I expect to be able to add the CCS data for these blanks to the database soon. When the 7 and 8wt. models came out, they gained almost instant praise from big water salmon, steelhead, and trout fishermen, including Robert Meiser, who knows a thing or two about that type of fishing. I was very impressed but really don't do that type of fishing. Dan, I am excited to try one of the 3,4, or 5wt. models for nymphing on small to medium size water but build it with a switch rod type of handle to ease shoulder fatigue that I have gotten in the past from nymphing with a long rod. These sound like very cool blanks that will help cover the water with less effort!

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2005 12:09PM

Steve, if you do any of that 'field testing' thing in the next few months on MD or PA streams, shoot me an email. I'd be interested in, uhh, 'testing' them, too!

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.78.59.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: January 21, 2005 01:03PM

Will do Scott. I've got some ideas to try out if you want to email me I'll let you know what I'm thinking about. My "big water" is the Potomac near Knoxville or in the Antietam area between Taylor's and Snyder's landings. I think a long switch rod fished with a sinking tip could be very effective for deeper smallmouth on large streamers, especially when I fish alone and don't have my canoe on the water. Of course this is where spinning gear excels so I am thinking of making some spin/fly combo rods that can toss light lures a long way, whether they are on the end of mono or fly line. One thing I know for sure. What I am planning is not anything you can buy in a tackle shop, at least on this coast. It might be similar to certain steelhead rigs used out west.

On the smaller to medium water, I'm contemplating a rod that doesn't necessarily allow me to cover more water (there's often not that much to cover), but just cover it with less fatigue and smoother longer drift. Most likely just for fly use, although it could be ideal for driftiing a small bait like a hellgramite or small crayfish or shad dart.

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2005 01:28PM

If I didn't already have a 3wt and a 4wt, I would jump on that 10'0" 4wt. I used to fish the Oregon coast rivers a lot in the summer for searun cutts and summer steelies, and a 10'0" 4/5 was a great rod for skinny water, spey casting, and big fish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster