I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Enterprises- Rainshadow/Forecast - Catalogs
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 08:11PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast has processed over 400 catalog requests in the past week. If you have received your catalogs we would like to hear about your response to the New Catalogs. We are very interested in knowing what you think of these documents. We have worked very hard to produce these documents to better the "Rodbuilding Experience". Please feel free to comment both good and bad and maybe things that we have over looked. All input is carefully considered in the continued Vision of Batson Enterprises.
If you have not requested a catalog I would recommend to do so. IMHO I feel these are the most comprehensive catalogs in this part of the industry.
Thank you to everyone that has supported our program. " The Vision Continues"
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Enterprises- Rainshadow/Forecast - Catalogs
Posted by: Chris Porter (---.242.234.89.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:08PM

I got my catalog almost a week ago and so far I love it and look forward towearing it out.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Chris

Posted by: John Dow (---.snet.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:10PM

Bill , I recieved the blank catalog Saturday along with the price list , and distributor list . You also sent the component catalog and price sheet , along with an informational sheet on the Rainshadow discription page with blank length and weights at a previous date . The info was accompanied by a Letter head from Patty thanking me for my intrest in your products . All of the info I recieved is very helpfull to understand what the blank models are, and of what Modulus and comosition they are made of . The print catologs are nicely done in color , with great photos . The components are listed in easy to identify rows and pages that are easily found in the price sheet . The color pictures of ALL of the coponents make for easy layout to a potential buyer of what he can expect to see when his rod is complete.
The whole thing is done in complete professional package ...........
Thanks for taking the time to do such a great job with your catologs and price sheets.
John H Dow

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:13PM

Hi Bill,

I received my catalog last week and you have done a great job. The layout is great and is full of great info on your products.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:30PM

I got the blank and also the component catalogs on Saturday the 15th. Very nice, very helpful in finding all info.
Nice to see size 17 exposed trigger seats...
Thank you again!

Putter

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.harborside.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:36PM

Bill....

Got the catalogue......Almost got turned on! Sheesh..what a beautiful piece of work!

Keith

Posted by: Noel Spann (12.39.180.---)
Date: January 17, 2005 09:50PM

Bill,
I recieved my catalogs last week as well, and I think they are the best rod building catalogs bar none. Nice layout, in color, easy to browse and find prices in price sheet by the page numbers.
Very well done!!!
Noel

Posted by: Ron Walter (---.mdsnwi.tds.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 10:45PM

What a pleasure to look at the catalogs. You folks have outdone yourselves. I have spent a considerable amount of time reading and learning every night since I recieved the catalogs over the weekend. It is not just a catalog. It is a great advertising tool and an educational manual on your blanks and supplies. I have already used it with a costomer. I will be building more and more of these rods with your components.
Ron

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:09PM

Recieved mine a couple of days ago! THANKS for your efforts! I'm sure I'll wear them out before the years up.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Don Putvin (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:45PM

Well done, it looks like you slipped a few things in when we weren't watching. :)

I agree, what a great aid in advertising.

Posted by: Kirk Miller (---.gci.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 03:20AM

Bill,
I got my catalog a few days ago and love it. I like the new product line and trully appreciate the work put forward for a quality catalog. That thing is sexxxxxy. It is light years ahead of your old catalog. I have shown it to a few of my buddies and I see a few orders coming. It is sweet that they can see the actual blank color so they know what they are getting, instead of relying on my color defficient description from memory. I am sure you will hear nothing but good about it................Congrats

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 09:23AM

Bill,
Your new catalog is first class. You have provided much more information on your products than has been the case in past for suppliers. I hope that other suppliers take your lead in supplying exactly the sort of information that custom rod builders want.

Date: January 18, 2005 09:50AM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast would like to thank everyone for the kind words in regards to our catalogs. We would also like to take this opportunity to "Thank Everyone" for your support of our programs. We are here to support this industry to the best of our ability. " The Vision Continues" and will for generations to come. If anyone ever has any questions please feel free to contact us or one of our many distributors. We will have our new and updated website running by the 1st of Feb. 2005. We will also be coming out with new and exciting products to better the Rodbuilding Experience.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com

Posted by: Sean Walker (---.phxinternet.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 11:27AM

Is that catalog available electronically?

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.138.106.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 01:15PM

i received your color forecast catalog a month or two ago with separate price list bookklet of blanks and prices. has anything changed? i did not receive a catalog of any sort with color photos of rod blanks or a retailer list. perhaps that's what i'm missing.

the forecast color catalog is FANTASTIC and an incredible aid for this newbie rodbuilder. it lives beside my bed, on my sofa, in my kitchen, visits my owork office, even makes pilgramages to the lavatory for extended trips, it is becoming well worn at this early date. it really helps to see the high quality color photos of each guide along with easy to reference intended usage and item numbers. everybody drops these 4, 5 and 6 letter/number guide designations and i'm usually lost at that point.

a great job. you are to be commended and i personally thank you for the high quality glossy paper stock and great photography.

eric
fresno, ca.
(professional photographer of the journalistic persuasion)

Posted by: Joe Hart (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 01:46PM

Bill, got mine in Dec. good job. J.M. Hart-rvrfshr Prod.

Date: January 18, 2005 05:09PM

If you have not received the New Color Blank catalog Please feel free to contact us. Let us know you already have the Color Component catalog so we do not ship another. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us.
Thank you.
I will be out of the office from Wed - Sun at a show. I will answer all E-mails when I return.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com

Posted by: Marty Martin (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: January 18, 2005 09:23PM

Got mine promptly after asking. They look great and I was particularly glad to see the weight of the blanks listed. Also very informative info on what makes up the different blanks (RX8+, RX7+, etc.). Personally, I like to have the prices next to the rest of the info in the main catalogue, but I can understand the reasons for having separate sheets that can be updated regularly. Both catalogues look great.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2005 12:39PM

Bill -
Beautifully laid out blank catalog. Easy to search and all aspects of each rod blank is covered in detail (composition, butt / tip diameters). Great job.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster