I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Blank Database
Posted by: Robin Schleien (208.181.60.---)
Date: January 17, 2005 12:03AM

Hello all -

I'd appreciate any opinions on the following.

I'm wondering if a searchable, on-line data base of rod blank specifications would be a useful tool for fellow custom rod builders. Such a database would permit the user to very easily use criteria such as blank type, cost, length, line rating, action, power, manufacturer etc to "cross-shop" all available products to find the bank that best meets your own specifications. I've not seen anything like this and I've come across a product that would make this very simple to use.

Actually the same technology could be used for guides... anything in fact where a product has many different varieties prvided by several manufacturers.

Any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Blank Database
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 12:26AM

Check the first link to the left, there it is.

Spencer

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.208.7.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 04:01AM

i think mud hole also offers a database of sorts, a new feature at their site. check left sponsor links.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:39AM

Yes, Mud Hole has our exclusive Rod Blank Database Search Engine where you can search over 3,000 rod blanks based on any specification.

It is located at:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Larry Salter (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 01:12PM

The one at Mud Hole could be better. Mud Hole has been good to me so I think that they won't mind If I say that thier site you put info and they give you the choices from thier stock. What would be better for me is a list like we have on CC Data that would inclulde ALL BLANKS from all the blank makers. That your could look at and compare with the retail prices. But we have come a long way so I will not complain.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 02:45PM

Larry -
I tried to set up a complete database on rod blanks. Basically I got "blown off" by most of the manufacturers. I offered to do all the "grunt work" if they would send me PDF files / Excel Spreadsheets of their products. It just didn't happen. I think MudHole has gone about as far as we're going to see for awhile. They were able to "pull this off" because they needed the information for their catalog and on-line site.

Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: January 17, 2005 03:17PM

i think in tandem, we have two very useful databases at our disposal. keep in mind, the CCS is reliant on rodbuilder's input (or so it appears to me). the more, the merrier. ;-)

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2005 03:44PM

You could certainly do this if you wanted. You'd have to collect all the various blank catalogs and set up your spreadsheet, entering all the various information blank by blank. Then, to make it even more useful, you could any available CCS data to round out the information. It would be a wonderful resource, but would require a great deal of your time and would also require updating each time a company introduced new models. But I think it would be very helpful to the rod building community.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster